Last night John had an old Hee-Haw song in his head & couldn't remember all the words to it. I decided to You Tube it to find it and played it & laughed. I played it today for him along with some other Hee-haw videos. We laughed together. I remember watching Hee-Haw growing up and loved it. I wish it were still on today. Anyways..I came across this video, and this song I really enjoyed and it brought back memories of the old country church I used to go to as a child, and it was an Old country church. It was in farm country for one. Fields all around. It was an old brown building. We used to call it the "Old Brown Church." It was built sometime in the 1800's. I have a lot of fond memories in that building. For starters that is where I became a Christian as a young child one Sunday morning. I remember Sunday School down in the basement. It wasn't very big. It had a small kitchen I think it had a by and girls bathroom and a huge open area where we did Sunday School and had church gatherings. I remember doing church outside several times in the summer when the weather was nice. I enjoyed that. We even did Sunday School outside from time to time. It had an old dirt parking lot up front. Grass all the way around the building. I remember picking these little very little strawberries and eating them. I remember doing programs up front with the other kids. I have a picture of us kids singing up front. I'm sure it was a song like "Jesus Loves Me" or maybe "This Little Light of Mine" I'm sure. Anyways, very fond memories. We were there for a few years, I'm not exactly sure how long, and the church built a brand new church, and the church split up and our family moved on. Anyways, It's a neat song that reminded me of one of the churches I grew up in. :)
I found the picture I was looking for!! I tried to Google the name of the old church for a picture or the history of it. I couldn't find a thing. Anyways, this is of the kids up front on a Sunday morning singing a song. That is me in the blue dress w/ glasses on the left in front and my brother Maurice right next to me. :)
You know I was thinking.....I said in that photo we were probably singing something like' "Jesus Loves Me" or, "This Little Light of Mine." I don't know if any of you remember those little simple songs from when you were a child..I do, and today they still mean something, and if I happen to sing them..I do it with ALL my heart. It also brings me back 20 years....and I feel that child like heart again..just fora moment & what a feeling. If I sing "This little Light of Mine" I want to raise my finger in the air..like a light...and go through the motions I remember, and Jesus Loves Me..I want to do that in sign language..what I can remember of it..I remember as a child in Sunday School they taught to us in Sign Language, we got up front, snd it out loud and signed at the same time. it was neat, and fun, and I wish I remembered how to do all of it that way. Oh well.....as you age..you forget somethings. :) SO, these two little songs are two childhood favorites. On the one, Jesus Loves Me..the 3rd verse I never heard before. Idecided to leave it. iread it, and thought..It say..Jesus loves me when I'm very weak and ill.....how awesome is that?I take that two different ways..weak in Spirit or weak physically..Jesus loves us no matter what, and no matter where we are in our lives!!!Thank You Jesus!!! :) Don't cha jsut wanna sing these songs??!!! :)
Jesus Loves Me
Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
Jesus loves me!
loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
Jesus loves me!
He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
This Little Light of Mine
(Sung with right index finger in the air.Make a horizontal circle when you sing "let it shine")
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
Don't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Don't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Don't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
Shine all over
[name of town]
I'm gonna let it shineShine all over
[name of town]
I'm gonna let it shineShine all over
[name of town]
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
Let it shine til Jesus comes,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine til Jesus comes,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine til Jesus comes,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,Let it shine,Let it shine.



5 comments:
I know "This little light of Mine" very well. My daughter's sing it at school and I often find my self singing along to it during the day.
It has such a pure and simple spirit to it.
I love the pictures too.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings ~
Boy, this brought back fond memories of my Sunday school days! We sang those songs, along with others I still remember.
YOU were a cutie I enjoy reading you blog it is nic how you have it all layed out Stay Cheerful :)
Linda you are a pretty little girl you do a VERY good job on here.I also likdthe Hee Haw song that was very good . Hope you and John are doing good Take care God BLess Robin
It was called South Auburn Baptist Church. It was my favorite and I miss it a lot too. I have such wonderful memories there and of the church family we had.
Post a Comment