Sunday, September 14, 2008

Memories

I was cleaning the garage and I came across a huge tote filled with tons of records. Most of them were my father's. He'd given them to me a long time ago. He had wanted to get rid of them and I wanted them because they brought good memories. We always used to listen to them when I was growing up. There's country ones, Gospel, Blue Grass, Rock & Roll..you name it my dad and mom had it. At the time I didn't have a record player but a few years back I bought a neat one that has the player on top, tape player on the side, and cd player and radio in front. The records were buried behind tons of junk and I dug them out and brought 90% of them in, and sat on the floor listening to a whole bunch of them. Brought back memories of when I was a kid and liked listening to them. Call me old fashion..but I'd rather listen to that old tyme music than some of the stuff we have today. :) It also makes me think of the old 8 tracks they had & my grandparents had. I fondly remember listening to those too. ;) I also remember us at some point having a Atari game. I used to LOVE playing that thing. :) Oh....what good memories. Now that I got these records in the house I'll be listening to them more often I'm sure. Merle haggard here I come!!! :) I'm not sure but at some point I think we had a fl model stereo..I know that when I had my first apartment.....I had a floor model stereo and I LOVED that thing. Anyways..I don't have a floor model stereo, just a normal record player but I do look forward to listen to my parents, and grandparents old records. :)


1 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, old albums! Most kids these days don't even know what those are - they think they're big CD's. I bet they did bring back nice memories.

I remember the Atari games and the 8-tracks too. And dial telephones, and black and white TV and...