





This morning I had decided that it was a beautiful morning and that I should go for a walk. I took my Ipod as I usually do ti drown out whatever traffic I come across. I always listen to my worship music. When I walk and listen to it..I just get this connection between me and God. It's about a 2 mile walk. Not too long. Besides I haven't walked in SO long so..I really didn't want to over do it. There's this special spot I have that I always go to on my walk. It's a quiet secluded spot where I go and sit in the grass...sometimes I just listen to my music..sometimes I pray..sometimes I reflect..and other times I just look at the beauty that surrounds me. It over looks the water and there's trees, and birds and it's so peaceful. I stayed there for a little while today and just prayed. Then I headed back towards my house and behind my house there's woods with a nice trail that leads to the water. My neighbor owns it and doesn't mind me being there. I haven't been out back there in awhile. We had a lot of rain this summer and it finally dried out. So I walked through the woods. Took my ear buds out of my ears and just listened. The sounds were amazing and it was so peaceful. I walked up to the water and found that my neighbor built a little dock..so I went and I sat on the edge of it for a least a half hour or so and just looked around me with thankfulness. It was beautiful. I put my music back on for awhile and just sat and worshipped the Lord right there by the water. It was awesome. I have this thing about worshipping the Lord outside. I feel SO connected that way!!So the pics are with my cell..they are of the woods and water out back of my house.
I really love the outdoors and nature and really love being out in what God has created. I love to praise the Lord outside. It's the perfect place to worship and pray. It's awesome!!God is good!!
Here are the lyrics to one of the songs I was listening to. It is what I call a "heart song" touches your heart.
→ Bebo Norman---Nothing Without You
Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to
praise You near enough
For I have nothing, I have
nothing without You
Take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of
mercy I have found
For I have nothing, I have
nothing without You
Chorus:All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing without You
Find more Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love
For I have nothing, I have
nothing without You
All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing
But I love You
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
With all the strength that I can find
Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth
For I am nothing,
I am nothing without You
This morning I was reading in this little devo book that I have from church that they give out and today's really struck me..It was just talking how pretty much we are a work in progress. There is a process that God takes us through to make us what we are supposed to be, and how preparing us takes time. It's not an over night process. God has to deal with our inconsistencies,personality defects, our distrust, unresolved childhood issues, scars, flaws,etc.... We wonder how long will this take for Him to work through all our stuff..Only He knows that. God has a plan for our lives and He is committed to it. The tools that He uses to form us are with the experiences we go through. Our experiences shape and alter us. It say..."It may take you five years to learn to quit people-pleasing, or ten years to stop feeling sorry for yourself, or twenty years to stop going back and reliving your childhood. All the while God is telling you, "Stop it" and you're saying, "Yeah, I know. I'm gonna do better." Then finally a crisis happens and the truth hits you. At that point you say, " You know what? I'm going to forget those things which are behind and start reaching for those things which are before."
Philippians 3:13 (New International Version)
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
yup.....I AM a work in progress!! No doubt here. There's a lot fixing and molding going on. I know the areas in my life that I just need to "stop it" and focus on the future that he has for me..the future that He is preparing me for. I believe way deep in my heart that He HAS something wonderful for me. :) I'm a little excited too. :)
******OK..soooo.....I made up another blog..I'll put the link..I actually have 3 in all..This one..One with poetry that I write that I want to share(I haven't written anything in a while..working on a little something today) and the third one I created today..there's nothing there yet..I need to post...It is for recipes...swapping....I thought it would be a neat idea/way to get recipes to try. post mine..comment with yours. :) Hope you enjoy :) I also created a face book account. Thought I'd check that out. I actually found a lot of people from my church on there. So..yet another way for me to connect with people. :).....Blessings...........




6 comments:
Really lovely pictures!! You live in a beautiful place. God Bless! Cathy
Beautiful thoughtful and prayerful - all in one. Thanks, Linda.
Just wanted to say hello. I linked to your blog through My Life, saw you were from Maine as I am. You have some nice photos and I love your appreciation for life. I'll be back to visit!
What awesome pictures. And what a great post!
"Then finally a crisis happens and the truth hits you. At that point you say, " You know what? I'm going to forget those things which are behind and start reaching for those things which are before."
Amen to that!
Have a blessed day ~
Suzy
thank you Suzy :)
I love the picture of the bridge. How beautiful. And I love Bebo. He has ministered to me so many times. His music and lyrics are one of a kind.
Post a Comment