8 Years ago today I married my best friend. :) This is our story and we're sticking to it.....................August 2000 we left Maine to go to Ohio to visit John's family for a week. He is from Ohio and his mom, and siblings and friends still live there. All but one brother who lives here not too far from us. We had pre-planned this to go to Ohio visit them and leave a few days early and go to Niagara Falls for the weekend...Labor day weekend. Busiest weekend there ever!! So..we went to Ohio then left early. Stopped in a the smallest town ever some where's in NY on the way to Niagara Falls on a Friday..It was very late in the afternoon. We almost didn't get out marriage licence. It was the only exit around and the town hall was just about to close. We Had gotten there just in time. Phew!!!! I was all nerves that we were not going to get our licence and there for not get married on the day and where we wanted. But...it all worked out. :) The people in that little town were SO nice and sent us on our way with their blessings. :) So..we get in NY. We had a room booked at this brand new hotel on the Canadian side. We were on the top floor over looking the falls. I think it was like the 10Th floor or so. I don't remember but the view was amazing. We stayed there Friday night. We walked around the falls and checked out everything on the Canadian side. Everything was just so amazing to me. Saturday we checked out and went to the American side and checked into a hotel there. We stayed there until Monday morning. We got married on Saturday afternoon on the American side in a little chapel they had in the hotel that we were staying in. It was cute.They gave us a nice bottle of champaigne that I still have unopened..and it has on the label where and the date we got married. I think it's pretty neat. :) It was just John and myself. Our families weren't there. They all knew we were going to go there to get married and gave us their blessings. His family was from Ohio and mine from Maine and neither could afford to travel. So, we had decided to go and get married in Niagara Falls with just us. It was perfect for us. It was the best weekend. The weather was perfect. We got married Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend as our honeymoon. We went on the boat that goes under the falls. (Maid of the Mist)I still have the rain jackets they gave us. We did a tour on a bus. We played the slots at a casino. We went on Clifton Hill..which at night is lit up like Reno.It is hopping with people of all walks of life at night. It had every thing..shops, tons of neat wax museums, clubs..you named it. They had it.. It was just a awesome weekend that I will always remember. Before we went my mom threw me a bridal shower with my family and when we got back my family at a party for John and me at my Aunts house. The whole thing is something I will always cherish forever. (the pictures I scanned in from a scrapbook I made with them. They are cropped a little. Not the best. They are what they are. :) My dress is one a friend had given me years before..I still had in the closet & it was perfet..The flowers I threw together at the last minute. I went to a grocery store and bought different carnations and put them together and used them as my bouquet. It worked, and I was fine with it. It cost us very little and we were very happy and got what we wanted. We got pictures and a video. The witness set up the video camera and took pictures for us. :)
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a romantic way to tie the knot!
HAPPY ANIVERSARY.
I think the pictures are great :0)
A beautiful story of love and friendship! Happy Anniversary! What lovely pictures! Cathy
Very sweet! Happy Anniversary!
With all the "Bridezillas" out there, your wedding story is so refreshing!
What an awesome thing to write to celebrate your anniversary. Your husband John is a very blessed man.
BTW, I love your flowery blog design!
Post a Comment