Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Shoeing

I went snow shoeing this afternoon. We had a huge snow storm yesterday. It dumped around a foot of snow. Today was perfect weather to get outdoors. My friend dropped off her daughter and we went out in the woods out back for over two hours and had a wonderful time. It gave us a chance to talk and that was great. She hates winter and I had encouraged her to give snow shoeing a try and she liked it. We went further than I did last week. There is a brook that runs back there and on the other side are fields and woods. We saw a woman cross the brook and we discussed going over it. I was a little doubtful. It is a moving body of water that doesn't usually freeze. We have had sub zero temps. We decided to go for it & I was really hoping that the ice wouldn't shift. We made it and it was fine. We wasted no time on the ice. The other side was beautiful and I had always wanted to go over there and it was worth the trek. We had a fantastic time. I am really enjoying snow shoeing and I asked her if she'd go again and she said that she would. :) Slide show below are some of the pics that we took while we were out there.

0 comments: