-I Want To Know You-
In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there
In the secret, in the quiet hour
I wait, only for You Cause,
I want to know You more
Chorus:
I want to knowYou
I want to hear Your voice -I want to know You more
I want to touch You -I want to see Your face
I want to know You more
I am reaching for the highest goal
That I might receive the prize
Pressing onward, pushing every hindrance aside
Out of my way Cause, I want to know You more
Ok.....so this post is for this song lyrics I posted here and actually for the song below that I've come to really enjoy.
I've been thinking this week, and last night we had our Bible study and I shared some of this, and this song above we sang and I guess it goes along with what I've been thinking about this week. 2009....this is a whole new year and I hadn't much thought about any New year's resolution because they have never worked in the past. Sunday at church our pastor spoke about resolutions and making them, and encouraged us to make some. I don't think he was really talking about physical stuff..although I know that there are some physical things I can work on and I plan on working on those things and I did add them to my list. What I am thinking about is more of a spiritual resolution for myself. So...for 2009 I want to be closer to God than I ever have been. I want to seek Him out even in my dark times. I know in the past I've had a hard time doing that. Looking towards Him with bad stuff happens. I want to look to Him at all times. I want to see Him. I want to hear Him..I want to know Him more. I want more of Him in my life!! He is always there but I haven't always seeked Him out. I want to do that more. The song below is amazing to me....I'll post the words....
Lyrics to While I'm Waiting :
I'm waiting I'm waiting
on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
Ok, now this song. I've only recently within the past few weeks heard it and I've come to love it! This kind of goes along with what I've said before, but a little bit more. I don't what is God has planned for my life or my future. I don't what is going to happen or not happen. I know I have my dreams, but that may not be what the Lord has is store for me. Although that is a little hard for me..I want to be able to wait upon Him & be ok with it. That His plans are not my plans. He has a plan for me. I also want to Worship & serve Him while I wait. His plans are not always our plans and in 2009 and beyond I want to give Him my all no matter what. I want to love and serve Him. I want know Him more. I want to seek Him out in all times, good and bad. He is my God and He knows what is best for me and my life. :) Here's a quote that was shared on Sunday that I really like that I will pass on.
"Yet though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I should be, nor what I hope to be, I can truly say, I am not what I once was."..John Newton
amen to that!!!
Friday, January 9, 2009
I Want To Know You
Posted by Linda at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment