Sunday, September 23, 2007

Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica













What a really neat thing to see. The Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica came right by my work today about 1 pm. What a totally awesome thing to see. The police escort was just awesome! I really don't know how to explain the feeling. THere were SO many bikes it was crazy! The truck carrying the wall was beautiful! There were crowds of people on Washington Street. A lot of them had flags they were waving. It was surreal. I watched a piece of our history today. God Bless The USA!! John and I plan on going to see the wall this week. I look forward to it. Oh a really neat funny thing happened too. John was driving his big truck in town today and I was worried he'd get caught up in all that was going on. He called me at 1 and said to get outside that they were coming. I asked if he was stuck behind them- he said no- that he was right in front of all them. he was less that 3 minutes in front of them. So i was on the side of the road and I was able to wave to him as he drove by! LOL!!! There were well over a 1000 bikes I'm sure!

0 comments: