Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jesus

I close my eyes
and reach for you
in darkness I
try to hide
but you can see me
you see through the depths of my soul
and the layers
of my heart.
You know what's on my mind
and what's heavy in my heart
You know the things
I'm confused about
You're trying to ease my mind.
When I try to run away from it all,
You're there as a gentle guide
leading me through the storm.
When I cry
in frustration and fear
You're there catching all of my tears.
When I scream in anger
You're there calming me down.
You surround me with Your love.
When I imagine the things that could be-
You're there to remind me
of what you want for me.
I open my eyes
and I can see you
I can see things better
when my eyes are open wide.
I can see the love on your face.
I can feel your heart in mine.
I can feel you near me.
I know you're holding my hand
leading me through the worst part of the storm.
You're showing me there's
blue skies on the other side.
You're showing how not to give up,
and how to survive
with You
Dear Jesus as my true guide.

05/22/07
(c)Lindamay Carpenter

Poem I wrote this spring I just came across. Want to share it. Enjoy~~ Linda


Quote I found--
Live everyday with enjoyment we don't know what tomorrow will give us . And smile, even when difficult - gets you closer to a laugh.

0 comments: