-----Steven Curtis Chapman..Yours------
I walk the streets of London
And notice in the faces passing by
Something that makes me stop and listen
My heart grows heavy with the cry
Where is the hope for London?
You whisper and my heart begins to soar
As I'm reminded
That every street in London in Yours
Oh, yes it is
I walk the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
They're waiting for a cure no one can find
And I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God,
Yours, God Everything is Yours
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything
It's all Yours
And I walk the sidewalks of Nashville
Like Singapore, Manila and Shanghai
I rush by the beggar's hand and the wealthy man
And everywhere I look I realize
That just like the streets of London
For every man and woman, boy and girl
All of creation
This is our Father's world
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything
It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God
The glory is Yours, God
All the honor is Yours, God
The power is Yours, God
The glory is Yours, God
You're the King of Kings
And Lord of Lords
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
All the greatness and power, the glory and splendor and majesty
Everything is Yours
Yeah, it's all Yours
We are Yours
The glory and honor is Yours,everything is Yours
It's all Yours, God
My life is Yours,
my heart is Yours
My hands and my feet are Yours
Every song that I sing
It's all Yours, all is Yours
All belongs to You
Our gifts are Yours, God
All our dreams are Yours, God
All our plans are Yours, God
The whole earth is Yours, God
Everything is Yours
*****The 2008 radio single version adds this fourth verse*****
I’ve walked the valley of death’s shadow
So deep and dark that I could barely breathe
I’ve had to let go of more than I could bear
And questioned everything that I believe
But still even here
in this great darkness
A comfort and hope come breaking through
As I can say in life or death
God we belong to you.
As I was listening to this wonderful song that I have really grown to like, I was REALLY listening and it was really absorbing into my head and then it really got me thinking. The earth and everything in it. From the beautiful sky to the dirt on the ground was created by Him and is His. He put it here and we get to enjoy it. The beautiful sunsets the oceans waves. The snow cap mountains. I know for myself I really enjoy it. I both love and enjoy the earth He created. I would Rather be outdoors absorbing it all in. All the beauty. It is His. It is not mine..But it is here and I get to enjoy it for a season. Thank you Jesus!!!!
Us....He created us......You and Me and we are His too!!!! He knew us WAY WAY before we were even born. It amazes me that He thought of ME!!& I am special in His eyes & so are you!!! And there for created me and here I am. & He has a purpose for my life & a plan. He put me here for a reason and I am to follow in His steps. I love Him and I want to live my life for Him in the best way that I can. He is a God who heals, and restores and rescues people from years of bondage and heart ache. How totally awesome is that?!!! He has in SO many areas healed me and taken me out of a bondage I Had allowed myself to be in..He is a great big awesome God who is capable of SO many wonderful things!!
My life is Yours, my heart is Yours
My hands and my feet are
Yours Every song that I sing
It's all Yours, all is Yours
All belongs to You
Our gifts are Yours, God
All our dreams are Yours, God
All our plans are Yours, God
The whole earth is Yours, God
Everything is Yours
This part is my favorite part. My life, my heart, my hands, my feet, every song I sing to Him, my gifts, my dreams, my plans, are ALL His!!!! I'm so glad that they are. I want them to be and give Him all of myself. I want and give Him every area of my life. When I give Him all of me..I can freely to His will!! & live my life pleasing to Him.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Yours
Posted by Linda at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
These words are so helpful. Especially with all the troubles and political snarkiness going on right now.
Post a Comment