Sunday, November 23, 2008

What Joy is Found


What Joy Is Found

What joy is found
In communion with You
In beholding Your beauty
In knowing Your truth
In living a life
That pleases Your heart
Responding with praises
To all that You are

Singing (And) oh how lovely
Is the King in all His glory
Is the Christ who is holy
Who was and is
And how amazing
Is His love so unfailing
Is His grace that draws us near

What joy is found
At the foot of Your throne
Bowing in reverence
Giving thanks to the One
Joining the angels
And the heavenly throng
Along with the saints
In unending song
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today at church we sang this very beautiful song. Close your eyes and just listen to it. It really sinks into your heart when you do that. :) His love IS so AMAZING & IS UNCHANGING!!!!! He IS SOOO good!!!! So good to me!!! I don't even deserve any of it!!! I doubt and I loose focus & my faith is not as near as it should be but yet he loves me regardless. He is an awesome God!!!

I have been totally been blessed by Him within the past couple weeks.....It's so amazing. I really don't deserve it but He is God....I am not and He chooses to do everything in His own timing and not mine. I was short of paying my house payment last week and was blessed with the money but some very special people in my church to pay it. I was blessed with a gift card for food for Thanksgiving, I was blessed by our neighbor fixing our furnace for nothing and now it works! I was blessed with working at the church last week with some wonderful people.Praise God!!!! None of this would've happened if He didn't want it too. I had SO many doubts but He pulled through as He always does..He does supply all my needs. He is so loving and so good!!! Thank you Jesus!!!
This morning during the 1st service we had a Kids Ministries meeting. Laura who heads it wanted everyone to share what they were thankful for...I said something to the sorts of ....I'm thankful for God's love and how He always takes care of me even when I have major doubts...God always pulls through in the end. It's so true!!! He does take care of us. I may not always be in our timing or even what we are looking for at the time..but He never fails us and He does what He thinks is best for us. He really is a wonderful God!!!!
Today our Pastor spoke of the sufficiency of Christ. He talked about Paul. (2 Cor 11:23-29/2 Cor 12:7-10...It talks about what Paul was going through...everything that happened to him. It was some pretty hefty stuff.....makes my stuff I've gone through or going through seem pretty minor. Paul really suffered but he never gave up in all his trials he was going through. He had an encounter with God that changed him. God's grace carried him through. ....when we suffer the trials of life....God doesn't say for us just to suck it up....or that we have no choice..He says....that He WILL give us grace, mercy and His presence & unfailing love to pull us through it. One thing about Paul he found fellowship with Jesus in the midst of suffering. His grace is sufficient, no matter what He places us in. He ALWAYS provides....(don't I know that :) He really provided for our family in the past couple weeks) Habakkuk 3:17-19..The sovereign Lord is my strength!!!! (Christ is sufficient. He is more than enough & whatever may come..He's more than enough)
One thing I learned and thought....Oh to be a little more like Paul....when I suffer..not to give up & to turn to Jesus and He will pull me through. He will & He does..I just need to turn to Him a little bit more than I do..trust Him and His unfailing love for me a little bit more than I do & to praise Him even in the midst of my suffering!!

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

A wonderful lesson with which to begin the week in which we say "Thank You!" Have a grand day! Cathy

Ann Murray said...

Linda, On Friday last I went to a prayer vigil and one of the guests spoke to us on the life of St Paul.
He is all you say he is - what an inspiration for us!