Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankfulness & Joy for Many Things

First, I'll start with posting and passing on the awards that I've gottne from two of my wonderful blogging friends last week that I have not posted yet. Thank you so much guys!!! Then I will tell you what has happened in my life that I am truely blessed and thankful for!! God is good!!!!!


"Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature:
old things are passed away;
behold, all things are become new."

I received the above award from Peggy @ http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/
Thank you SO much!! I just want to take a moment and share a little bit about Peggy. I just came across her blog a week ago and already I am reaping the rewards just from visitng her. She has a very special love for the Lord, she kind and loving and serves the Lord in Mexico. Pay her a visit. You won't regret it. :)

The rules for this award are:
1. You pick ten people and pass this award to them.
2. Then contact them and let them know that you have chosen them and their blog for the award.3. Also link back to the person who gave you the award.

OK..so here are 10 wonderful people!!! :)
P.S. He loves you..
A Bit of the Blarney
AbbyNormal
Poetry, Prayer, and Praise
Prairie Prologue
My Life!
Achorn Farm
the Life of D, A & S
Meyers on the Hood
sailing by starlight

I have been blessed with this award from Cathy @A Bit of the Blarney thank you SO much Cathy!!!! First of all before I go on to explain this award and offer it to others, I want to take a moment for you guys to stop and pay Cathy a visit. She is a remarkable person and has many wonderful words to offer up. She is a follower of Christ and is an inspiration to us all. So stop & visit her!!!











This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day. Both Blogs truly exemplify these values!

The rules to follow are :1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment.
Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award. (not sure if I can do that part..it takes a little time & there are SO many who deserve this!!)


Here are my 15...
AbbyNormal
Poetry, Prayer, and Praise
P.S. He loves you..
Prairie Prologue
AMAZING GRACE~Mazes, Messes, Miracles
Tarsha's Treasure Chest
my tiny voice in this big world
Thru Pink Curtains
My Life!
Achorn Farm
Meyers on the Hood
the Life of D, A & S
The Washington Walkers
sailing by starlight
Pearls and Dreams

This heart award below..I give to all of you who take the time to read this..Be blessed!!!! & be full of His love!!!!!














Give this heart to everyone you care about including me if you care. Try to collect 5. Its not easy. I may not be the most important person in your LIFE. I just hope that when you hear my name you smile and say, THAT'S MY FRIEND!
Be Blessed!!!!!!
OK.....Now that I have the awards out of the way, I will share with you a couple things I am thankful for. :)
John and I have some good friends who live in Texas. They lived up here in Maine for a year 10 years ago and moved back after their first winter. They couldn't handle it!! :) Anyways our friend Rhonda came up from Texas for a visit and to help a friend. Her hubby stayed in Texas. Work & children. So anyways, I have not seen her in 10 years!!! John has while driving truck he's stopped to visit them a few times. It was SO great to see her. I miss her! We had a great day together! Here a few pics of us together. (she was totally freezing by the way) It's MUCH colder here than is Texas!!! I guess they are thinking about a family vacation here. I hope they come! We told them they needed to wait for summer. It's much warmer.

























Now this is what I am REALLY REALLY thankful for and blessed!!! I am thankful that the Lord supplies ALL our needs. He knows our needs and supplies them before we even have a chance to ask Him. I have been volunteering at our Food Pantry at our church for a few months now. I really enjoy this. I get to bless other people & BE blessed by them. Today I feel I really connected with a few people and just expressed God's love for them. This is an area that I am good at and love to do. Thank you Jesus!!!! &&&& all the volunteer's get to go around for food after everybody else does..after we help them. I am blessed and totally amazed with the amount of stuff I got today. We have been struggling and didn't have the money to go buy food and my freezer and cupboards were getting pretty bare and I wasn't sure on what we were going to do...today I was blessed..God supplied our need as He ALWAYS does!!! At our food pantry we were ALL blessed by the Lord with the amount of food we had there. Way more than usual and it's totally awesome. Thank you..Thank you..thank you..Jesus!!!!

5 comments:

Ann Murray said...

I am honoured indeed, Linda. Thank you for all the joy you pass on to others who come here - your faith and love of the Lord shine brightly in every post! Blessings to you and John and all those whose lives you touch with the warmth of that smile!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Thanks for stopping by..and for all these sweet awards!

Very nice way to start out the day!

Abby said...

Very deserving of all your awards, and THANK YOU!

Your blog is always so upbeat and refreshing!

Anonymous said...

GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOS WAYS HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP US WHEN IN NEED GOD BLESS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!

Country Girl said...

Thanks for the awards Linda, very sweet! That is wonderful that you are vounteering there. My hubby volunteered at a food kitchen for a while, it was a great experience.