Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holy Is The Lord God Almighty

Holy Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
the whole earth is filled with His glory....Isaiah 6:3B

Today during the service I stayed for worship twice because I just love to worship my King!! Anyways..worshipped during the first service and it was amazing and listened to our Pastor's message and He was in Isiah 6 1-7 and it talks about Isaiah's revelation of the Lord in ALL His glory. It says that he saw Him sitting on the throne high and exalted and how the train in His robe filled the whole temple. Above Him there were seraphs each with 6 wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet and with two they were flying, and they were calling...Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty; the whole earth is filled with His glory. Isaiah cried V3 Woe is me! I am ruined! He was unclean, and he lived among people who were unclean and he saw the King. The Lord almighty.
V6 the seraph flew and took a coal and touched his lips with it and told Him "see, this has touched your lips your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for"

Isiah saw His glory and spoke about it. I was trying to picture in my head what he was describing and it was impossible to do. His holiness took center stage. Holiness means to be set apart and He was. God's desire us is to be Holy. Because He is Holy we can approach the throne with confidence to receive His grace & Mercy.

then our Pastor spoke about the darkness. How we hide things in the dark so one can see them and we don't bring these things to the light. In the presence of the Lord darkness is gone and everything is exposed. & the alter is where the unclean become clean. Prov 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. We need to be lay ed bare before God & His heart is to remove our sin. In His presence we can be transformed. When we worship we are brought into His presence. We catch a glimpse of who God is and His light shines.These lyrics are part of a song that we sang..Mighty to Save....I just love it. He IS mighty to save!!!!





Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing, for the glory of the risen king,
Jesus Jesus Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen king, Jesus

During the second service during worship I had my eyes closed for most of it and I could feel His presence within me. He was there. I could picture Him sitting on His throne and the light surrounding Him. It was amazing and what a feeling. My heart, my soul and 100% of my mind was there..was worshipping my King for who He is!! He IS my God!!! My Savior, my proctor..my everything!!! When we capture the heart of worship we see Him for who he really is. It's SO true! You do!! We get into His presence and stand in awe of His holiness. He is Holy!! When we worship..we need to loose our will. Leave all our stuff behind. Focus on God and worship Him. Worship Him for who He IS!!!!! Declare who He is! Get closer to Him and the other things WILL go away!!! HOLY HOLY HOLY GOD!!!!!!

These two songs I listed here we didn't sing today but often do and they came to mind when I was thinking and reflecting on today and His holiness, and worship and the songs I love to lift up to Him & these are a couple of them :) Be Blessed!!!!

Holy is the lord

We stand and lift up our hands
For the joy of the Lord is our strength
We bow down and worship Him now
How great, how awesome is He

And together we sing
Everyone sing

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory

We stand and lift up our hands
For the joy of the Lord is our strength
We bow down and worship Him now
How great, how awesome is He

And together we sing
Everyone sing

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
he earth is filled with His glory

It's rising up all around
It's the anthem of the Lord's renown
It's rising up all around
It's the anthem of the Lord's renown

And together we sing
Everyone sing

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with his glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with his glory
The earth is filled with his glory

Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy Holy
Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy Holy
Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy Holy
Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy Holy

------------------------------

Revelation Song


Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Holy, holy is He.
Sing a new song to Him who sits on Heaven's Mercy Seat.

Chorus:
Holy, Holy, Holy is The Lord, God Almighty.
Who was and is and is to come.
With all creation I sing, "Praise to The King of Kings,
You are my everything. And I will adore You".

V2:
Clothed in rainbows, of living color.
Flashes of lightening, rolls of thunder.
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be,
To You, the only wise King.

(CHORUS)

V3:
Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder,
At the mention of Your Name.
Jesus, Your Name is power, breath and living water.
Such a marvelous mystery.

(CHORUS)

1 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Linda...and welcome & thanks for sharing your SUPER SUNDAY with us! INDEED...HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!! we should shout, dance, proclaim, sing, praise, worship, adore & say!!! I am just like you if I go to the early service & can't or just don't want to leave HIS PRESENCE, I stay again...& then on Sun. evening, I'd rush back for more. Your words are so true! Your SONGS are so great! And when I thought of Super Sunday this is kinda what I was hoping that people would come back & share from their SERVICE...their sermon, songs, scripture...but the SCENE of all God's Creation just never leaves me! So this truly is a blessing to share SUPER SUNDAY with
you and be the HIS PRESENCE & HOLINESS! May you continue to dwell in the Spirit of this presence all week until once more you can be refilled & refreshed! Praise God!

Thanks Linda!Be blessed & may He bless you as you bless others!