Sunday, August 31, 2008

Walking With Jesus Is Wonderful

Wayta na ye
Wayta na yesu

Wayta na yesu narrera
Wayta na yesu narrera

(Walking With Jesus Is Wonderful)

(I think I copied the words-spellings right) :)

Today has been an amazing Spirit filled day!! Thank you Jesus!!! Walking with Jesus IS wonderful!! How can it not be? Having Jesus by your side is the best thing you can have. Today I got a chance to participate in something amazingly beautiful and special. I was asked last week to participate is this African song and dance for Sunday. (today) I said yes with a little hesitation..not because I didn't want to...but just a little fear. I've been really praying about it...and trying to learn the words....Today it just came to me almost naturally. it was the best thing ever. It was a God moment for me. :) Being able to sing this beautiful song in another language was something really neat. :)I was at church all day today. From 8 am to 2 pm. We practiced at 8. I could already tell then it was going to be something wonderful...and it was. It was also fun!!! Someone said that they couldn't believe I was actually getting up front and dancing and singing.(or maybe I said that- I don't remember..LOL) A friend said that she wasn't surprised that I was and that it was always been in me..just dying to get out. She is right.....It was like that at Kids Kamp this summer..Dancing..singing and worshipping...it's something that has been in me ever since I've become a Christian as a little girl and I never really let it happen until this year. As a teen in summer camp I remember doing worship like that..It was awesome!!... it has really been coming out of since Kids Kamp this summer and it's awesome and it's wonderful and to be able to praise God in that way..it means everything to me. I love my Lord very much and to honer Him in that way is special to me.So...with that......I felt that today..I was stretched a little bit more. God keeps stretching me. :) It feels wonderful!!!Yeah.....Also today I got to go through worship twice..because I was at church all day. It was awesome..and I just let the Holy Spirit take total control over me. The first service I was WAY up front with a Friend worshiping and dancing and singing beside her. It was totally awesome..It felt natural and it felt right..and it felt awesome.!!!!!! It feels SO good to have that kind of freedom over me. The second service I was a couple rows back from the front, but stood in the isle and just freely worshipped and freely gave of myself and all that I had to offer my loving Savior. I feel so filled up with the Spirit. I feel so full of His love for me. Worshipping is something I LOVE to do. It was just great. I just don't know how else to describe how it made me feel. :) God is SO good!!!!!!!
After we sang the song and did the dance she had everyone else in the church get involved. In their culture they all sing and dance and praise Jesus. They don't just watch..they do it! So, she put the words up so all could see, and all the church did it with us. It was a really sweet awesome God moment. I could see and both feel it as it was going on. It was really neat.So...we did worship and lead worship in another language...neat!!! :) She then showed a slide and talked about it. She missions in Africa in Mozambique and other surrounding areas as I understand. 40% of the population there are Christians. What a awesome number. So, it was really neat to see and hear what is going on in that country and hear her involvement. I am going to pray for her and the people there and I plan on staying in contact with her through e-mail and via her blog for updates and prayer needs.
After church we had a meeting involving the Kids Kamp that I was involved in this past summer. I am planning on doing it next summer. I know that is where God wants me to be, and I look forward to it. Touching the lives of those children with the love of Jesus was something special to me. So...next year I am there! We talked how this past year week. Needs for improvements. Ideas for next year. It was a great meeting with a lot of input..and even a few I gave. The Lord has really been all over me since camp. To be able to worship freely, be able to pray out loud, to dance and sing in front of the church, and to put my input about the things I've been involved it..that is all from the Lord, and I give Him the total credit....before then I just couldn't. I was shy, and always held back. I don't plan on doing that. I want to be able to give all of myself to Him..ALL the time!!! It feels wonderful and both awesome to me. God really is good.
**Something to pray for...well 3 things I guess...that I continue to feel pumped like this..and continue to freely give of myself without holding back...my life is His I know that when things on...you know life happens..life weighs me down..I find myself resorting back to the "old Me" not fully....but I tend to slip up a little and don't fully put those things in His hands. I don't fully trust. i need to trust. I need to trust Him with my life, and the people He has put in my life for a reason..to help me...He has a plan for me. :) (I jsut don't know what that is yet).I need to stay focused on Him all the time..even when the bad things happen...it will make it that much easier to get through them...when I'm focused on Him. also..**I've had it put on my heart since Kids Kamp that I want to be involved in the children's ministry at church...It's really on my heart. I just don't know what, or where or in what area. I just know that I want to do something involved with the kids. :) I was told this afternoon by someone at Church..you should be involved in children's ministry....so other people see it in me..I think I do too. I love children and I think this would be a awesome way to serve. :) (besides I already told the children's ministery leader a month or so ago that I want to get plugged in..she already knows..it's just up to me to take that plunge...just jump in..continue to get my feet wet) Thanks :)**** Ok..so the third thing is...employment...a job..i do have L.L.Bean that will start in the end of Sept. Although I think that's great. I am really thinking more along the lines what am I going to do after L.L.Bean..or rather I am thinking I'd like to do something instead of L.L.Bean..a full time thing....I am thinking along the lines of a daycare..something like that involving children. I don't know..I have this thing lately with children. Doing something with children. being with children, touching their lives. So..if you could pray that I figure this out. It's an unknown thing right now. I'm nervous...but I feel this thing in my heart that this is something I need to do..should do. It would fun too. I love children..even though I don't have any of my own..I love children..being a part of their lives. So.........????In saying that..where do I go to from here? What do I want to do when I grow up??? :) What is Gods plan???
OK...so now that I said all of this :) I'm gonna go outside enjoy the rest of my day...It's beautiful out there!! I'm gonna go jump on the trampoline with my worship music...that's what I like to do..jump and worship..call me crazy..but it's both fun...great excercise and worshipping Him is just awesome.I jump to the beat of my worship music..& sing..until I can't anymore..due to being out of breath... ..can't wait for John to get home..I'm starving...a bowl of cereal this morning and a ice cream sundae at church is just not cutting it. I need real food as soon as he gets here!! :) I might just have to raid the fridge before he gets here. :) Well see what comes first. :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

What a grace filled entry! I think your thoughts about a daycare are great. I ran a daycare out of my home for a few years when my kids were little and I LOVED it. Then we moved and they were in school and I never started up again, but I've thought about it a lot.

From what I've read here, I think you would be a natural at it and a real blessing to the families you'd serve.

Shosannah said...

What a great post!
"I don't fully trust. i need to trust. I need to trust Him with my life, and the people He has put in my life for a reason..to help me...He has a plan for me. :) "
He certainly does. Just keep trusting :0)
Sounds like He's working on that plan already.
~Blessings ~
Suzy