So.......let me begin with...Out with the Old in with the New...........& God is good. I had failed to mention that on the way back from Kids Kamp a couple weeks ago....my motor went. I had actually knew it was going, but really had no choice but to drive my Jimmy up to Camp. I had no other way. Well, God took care of me. He got me safely home. When I got off my exit my truck was making HORRIBLE noises!!!! I got it home barely. It's pretty much dead. We were gonna put a rebuilt in it. Decided it's 12 years old and not worth it. There were other problems with it was well. So we decided to buy a new truck. I like SUV's. I know the gas mileage isn't great, but I want to be happy and safe in what I'm driving. God provided again for us. We were able to get a Auto loan at a really low interest, and I was able to get the truck I had been wanting for over a year. This all happened within 3 days! God is SO good!!! I LOVE my new truck!! I fell in love with the color. The blue is so sharp. It's a Chevy Trailblazer. It rides great. I feel spoiled. Almost too good of a truck for me to drive. :)






This week there has been a lot of different things going on. It's really been a great week. Last Friday John and I went to the drive-in to see a movie. Well 2. It's a 2 for 1 special. A friend with us. That was fine. I really didn't mind. Got home at 1:30 in the morning.. We had a great time together.We don't usually get to spend a whole lot of time together due to his trucking job, so this was a real treat for us. Then........
On Saturday we decided to go to the beach. It was a beautiful day. In the 80's. We went to Popham Beach. There's these rocks way out when it's low tide you can walk right out to. So, we went out there. Hung out on the rocks for awhile. Got some awesome pictures. Tide was heading in, so we went back to the beach. We left the rocks just in time. When we went out to the rocks the water was to about or knees. When we headed back it was up to our chests. John held my camera over his head. :) We swam in the ocean a couple times to cool off. It was pretty hot & the beach was packed!!! We stayed 4 1/2 ours, and we were burnt to a crisp!! We really had a fun day together. That night we had a fire in the back yard and just sat by the fire together. :) It was nice to be in his company. :) Sunday we didn't do a whole lot. I went to church in the morning which was awesome. Then we relaxed all day, and I did house work.








One day this week my friend Tammy called me. She asked if I was decent. It was 8:30 in the evening. I'm like yeah....She said ok..be prepared. We'll be there in 5 minutes. I'm thinking..Hmmm.....prepared for what??? Then I heard this funny horn. I look out in the driveway and there is their WHOLE family in a green 1972 Suburban. With a metallic red, white & blue flag on it. I was laughing SO hard. I guess her hubby's father had one when he was a kid, and he has a lot of fond memories in one. He got a good deal on this, and wants to do family stuff in it. He's planning on fixing it up. It does need a lot of work. He is SO proud when he drives it. His pre-teen & teen girls are SO embarrassed, and are NOT so proud to be in it. They hung around for about 20 minutes or so. They just stopped by to show me the car. I got pics of them in it as they were leaving. The girls were NOT too thrilled about that!! LOL!!!



OK...........so yesterday I went up to my church to drop off some yard sale stuff...they are having a yard sale this weekend..they money goes for missions. Then I went over Tammy's house hung out for a bit, had supper there & was gonna leave. They were taking off with the girls to go get ice cream in the suburban. Then Tammy told me to hang around. They were gonna drive the girls around the block to mess with them, and get ice cream across the street. I'm like ok. So they come around a few minutes later. Tammy said the girls wanted to go further, and asked if I wanted to go with them. I'm like "no..thank you. " They're like come on....Tammy like "get in" I'm like "ahh....fine" So...I got in, and it was an adventure, as it is with that family. I love that about them!!! We went for a little ride, and and went out for ice cream. It was funny. We were all crammed in that car. I told Tammy that night.."I liked riding in the car...I had fun...shhhh....don't tell anyone..I'll deny it anyways..and you don't have proof!!!" She had no picture of me in that car!! LOL!!! :)
So..I've been cleaning my house all week like crazy!! My sister and her family are coming up for vacation for a week!! Yay!!!! They will be here soon!! Within the hour. I'm so excited. They come up every year from CT. I only usually see them about twice a year. I plan on doing some day stuff with them this week. We always have a good time together. :)





3 comments:
Love your new SUV.Looks great! Looks like you had a great time at the beach. Take care.
Your new SUV loks great.
Looks like you had a great day at the beach too.
Weather's been really hot here to. We spent a few hours at the beach last weekend and ended up red as peppers lol!
What great fun!!! Cathy
Post a Comment