Monday, January 21, 2008

My Day

This has not been the easiest day I've had emotionally. i work in a resident care home for the elderly and today one of our ladies had to move to a nursing home because we are not able to care for her anymore. That was hard enough within itself but she has this roommate that they were stuck together like glue, they were like sisters but they were not. They moved in a day apart and they clicked right away. Both of these wonderful ladies are both in their late 90s. Well the one who didn't move was crying like you wouldn't believe. She was totally heartbroken and she waved her goodbye. It was such a touching, heartbreaking moment for everybody in the room involved in this. I cried and my heart was torn in a thousand little pieces for both ladies. I will greatly miss the one that moved and her wonderful family. They were all wonderful and each one means the world to me. I have a soft tender heart and it is easily torn. I later on in the day when I was home had to ask why do I have a heart such as mine? I think it's so I can easily have compassion and love for these ladies I care for. But it is also very hard when I see these ladies go through stuff with their health or other things and I feel greatly for them. I love this job. I call it more than a job really. They all mean the world to me and I wouldn't change where I'm at for the world, even if I have to go through total heartache like I did with this situation. God has given me a tender loving heart and for that I am grateful, but it does very easily gets hurt.

I also have a sinus infection. I work up in the morning with my sinuses KILLING me!! I knew that I had one. I made a appointment to see the dr in the afternoon after work. I always worry about my ears, and sinus. I've always had problems with them all my life and a year and half ago I had sinus surgery and it helped me greatly. I was finally able to breath out of my nose. I couldn't before at all. My hearing was horrible!! He put tubes in my ears and broke some tiny bones in my nose which helps everything to drain as it should and not be stuffed up. It was the best thing I ever had done. Although it took A LOT of convincing from my husband and my sister and brother-in-law to do the surgery. For that I am forever grateful. It worked and I feel a lot better now than I've felt in a long time. So when I get cold, ect....I do not mess around with them!!!



OK-- fast forward 2 1/2 hours later. i went to the drs spent a little over a half hour there and drove across the street to get a script, spent 50 minutes at the pharmacy!!! Crazy huh!!! I was gone 2 hours and didn't even go 5 miles down the road from my house!!! My drs and pharmacy are right down the road!!! I got a antibiotic for 10 days twice a day to get rid of the sinus infection, and that is all that it is. Thank God!!! So in a few days I should be all better!!!

3 comments:

Shosannah said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. Sinus infections are awful, I've suffered myself with them.
How sad about the ladies at the care home. At least they have people who really love them looking after them.
By the way take a look over @ sailing bystarlight you've been tagged for a meme:0)

Joan said...

It sounds so sad about the ladies that you work with. Just reading your blog made me sad..It's sounds like you are in the place that was meant to be. You have to have a special heart to be able to work with the elderly. To some people it;s just a job. I know it's more than that to you..You are such a warm and caring person..

Rachel Olsen said...

I think the work that you do is so important, and I'm glad to hear you do it with such a tender heart!

Keep up the good, if hard, work.

Sweet blessings ~ Rachel