My day today was pretty awesome!! Work went very well today. Calm and stress free. Just the way that I like it. Something really neat has unfolded in the past couple days. I love family and I have a HUGE family all around. I have an Aunt Jeanne She was married to a Harold Keene. I was taking a new resident to the Dr's yesterday and we were talking about all kinds of different things. She told me a lot about herself. She shared with me her church she went to. My neighbor goes to the same church as her. I told her my neighbors name and she knew her. I shared with her the churches I grew up in and she threw names at me of different people who went to those churches. THEN.......................
For some reason or another. She shared with me her maiden name. It was Keene. She said she knew tons of Keenes. I told her that I Aunt who is a Keene. She told me that her dad's name was Harold. I told her my Aunt was married to a Harold and he was many many years older than her.She said that her father was married to a Jeanne and that there were many years between them and told me the street they lived on and told me that the marriage was his 2nd and that he had 21 kids with the 1st marriage and I told her that my Aunt had like 10 kids and she said her father had 10 kids. I told her I think that we are cousins. She agreed. Last night I asked my father a bit about my Uncle Harold and he confirmed everything for me and this morning I talked to her about it and she showed me a picture of her Father. I told her "That's my Uncle! " So I have a cousin I never knew. She's from my uncle's first marriage. I think it is SO neat!! I'm not too sure how you look at it, but she is my 1st cousin but by his 1st marriage. So-- half cousin I don't know. Still neat. I met her children and grandchildren today. More relatives! She seemed very happy to have met a relative she never knew and was telling he great grand baby today-- "you be nice to her, she's related." I say Neato!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know her and her children.
IT"S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!
I Praise you
I praise you
Jesus I dance
and sing for you
my everlasting
loving King!!
Tonight at church we had a worship night. Oh it was fantastic!! What a precious gift to be given to be able to sing and worship our King openly and freely!!!! Thank you JESUS!!!!! It lasted a couple hours and I didn't want it to end. Although I don't think my voice was going to last much longer. I opened my heart. I opened my mind to worship with all that I have within me. To give Him all of my being. He is such a great big loving, awesome God who is ALWAYS there for us even when we are not where we should be at. Thank you Jesus for all you love and getting me through everything this year! Without you I could not have done it. I look forward to this new year and with a open heart and allowing Him to lead me where I should me and to grow in Him more this year! With that Good Night & Thank You Jesus!!!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
An Awesome Day!!!
Posted by Linda at 9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
What a special gift!!
The worship service sounds great.
I'm looking forward to church tomorrow, more than normal. I guess, right now, I'm just needing the sanctuary, the sounds of other's praise around me.
What a great start for you in the first week of Janurary - it's go good to hear how you came away feeling so glad to heve been there with others, sharing in worship and song.
P.S. I laughed at that video...all those suds...yet it's so easily done.. I can remember the same thing one time with a washing machine....
Hey that's cool. It is a small world, huh? I've also met a few people online who I am related to. It's pretty neat when you find that connection. Uncle Harry did have a lot of children. I wonder how he ever kept track of them all? Just curious, which Keene did you meet? I bet Aunt Jeanne knows her.
That is definitely neat! What was her name??? I will have to tell my mom about her. Have a great week!
That is such a great story.
And a great way to start the new year!
Blessings
Suzy
Post a Comment