John FINALLY started his job yesterday! 2 weeks AFTER he was hired!!! I went to church in the morning and then went with a friends family and hung out with them for the day. Their daughter had a gymnastics meet and I had always wanted to go to one of her meets and John was leaving and I didn't want to be alone so I went with them and had a great time. She did great! It was really neat watching her! She is very very good at it! It brought back memories of when I used to go to my sister's meets when I was a kid. She did SO well that she even qualified for Reginals already and this was only her 1st meet of the year!!! Here are a few pics of her.





I got home at 7 last night and found part of my kitchen and laundry room flooded with water. I figured out the problem. A very leaky shut off valve for my hot water. So needless to say I shut the valve off and it fixed the problem until John gets home later in the week. It took me over an hour to clean up the water mess!! It sounds crazy though but the whole time I was cleaning the mess I was pretty calm and I was singing Matt Redmans song that I just posted on. " Here Is Love" There's a line that mentions Lovingkindess as a flood. It's a really great song and I was singing it the whole time I was cleaning the mess. Kinda neat. Helped me stay calm and not get angry over it. What a way to start my first night alone. I hardly slept but I blame that on all the coffee that I had yesterday!! It has been 2 months since John has been over the road. He's been home every day for 2 months and it's strange not having him here with me.
I worked today which kept me busy then I got home and had to snow blow over 15" of fresh fallen snow. It's the 1st time I've used the snow blower on my own and to do the whole driveway and paths. i did it! I'm actually proud of myself! I told my friend on the phone, "you're gonna laugh but, I AM WOMAN!! I CAN CONQUER ALL!!!! I am. I did and I can!!!!!!!
John's doing OK out on the road. he's a bit sad being away from me and being alone, but I think he'll be OK. This is just a small bump in our road. Something better will come up for him at some point. soon I hope- but it's all in the Lord hands!
Oh....I almost forgot. I created another BLOG-- It's titled http://mypoetrystop.blogspot.com/ It's for the stuff I write- new stuff old stuff that I want to share. I decided I will post it there and when i find stuff inspirational that I want to share I'll post it there to share with everybody!! Enjoy!! There's nothing yet. There's a couple thing I have going on- they are a work in progress and I will post them to share when I'm done. :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment