Saturday, January 12, 2008

MAJOR PRAYER REQUESTS!!!

I have 2 pretty major prayer request.

My friend Debbie her father-in-law last night had a MAJOR and I mean MAJOR fall down 12 steps yesterday afternoon. They called in the family to say goodbye because they didn't expect him to make it. I talked to Deb first thing this morning and she sounded so distraught and very tired. She had maybe an hour sleep during the night if she was lucky. Anyways she told be that first he was still living, but living by a thread. His fall was SO bad that it shattered and I mean shattered the left side of his skull. She told me gory details that I will spare all of you. I guess it was a very gruesome sight that they came upon. Her and her hubby were there at the house right after his fall. They did a three hour surgery last night, where they removed parts of his skull that pierced into his brain. They were not able to repair any of the left side because it was so shattered. They just removed it. He is in a drug induced coma right now. His brain and upper body are swollen twice the size as they should be. If she pulls through he may be paralyzed on his left side. He has a 50/50 chance the Dr's say in pulling through this. If by some mayor miracle that he does pull through and is stable in about 12 weeks they can go in and put a artificial skull on the left side where there is nothing right now. Please keep him and his whole family in your prayers at this really tough time right now. I do not know his name. I forgot to ask her, but God does. :) Thank you

I talked to Debbie tonight. Nothing has changed with her father-in-law. They did a ct scan today to make sure they got all the fragments of his skull out and they did. The family is having a really hard time with this. Please keep them in your prayers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2nd request is for my cousins wife. her name is Mel. I mentioned a month or so ago that she has stomach cancer. 3rd stage. This past week she got very very ill and is in the hospital. They thought she had a bad case of the flu. For it the season. She has been having Chemo and radiation for a few months now and I guess that they found out that she was having all her issues because of the chemo and radiation and now she can not have either anymore. Her body can't handle it anymore. she is on a liquid diet.If she eats solids it could cause a blockage and she could die. She is not stable enough to go in and remove the cancer at this time. They did a ct scan to see if it has spread and if it's grown at all. It is still about the size as it was before and it has not spread and they are waiting for her to stabilize and they will go in a try to remove the cancer. Please keep her and our whole family in your prayers. We are all very close. Please pray that she will stabilize and they can go in and remove the cancer successfully.

I talked to my mother today. Mel is slowly getting better. She had had a major fever and it finally broke yesterday and she is now asking for food that she can't have. Pray that she will keep getting stonger. Thanks

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Praying. Praying!

I added some pictures to go with the Mandisa lyrics. On the ones that might seem odd to go with the lyrics, added a link back to the post that explained the picture.

Ann Murray said...

I will pray for these people, Linda.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

They will certainly be in my prayers!!! Cathy