Monday, January 28, 2008

A Amazing Thing

Last year our church did a kids kamp for a week. I wanted to get involved but I did not. This past Sunday they announced a interest meeting for tonight. I pondered over it, and it was place in my heart that I should go to the meeting and at least find out what it's all about and when. ect.... Well by the end of the 2 hour meeting tonight at church I knew in my heart that I would be involved in kids kamp this year. It's for a week. With children 9-12. I am really excited about this. I told my friend Tammy tonight that it's about time I bet out of my "box", she said "my comfort zone" Yes that's it- my comfort zone. I told her that I know that "inside me" I have the ability to do this with all that I am. I know I can. I do so much outside of church, involved in stuff, why can't I do it in church? I can and I need to! I have years ago done vbs and other church groups involving children and it's been a really long time. Yes I'm a little nervous, but also very excited. This will open new doors for me, and I will be doing the Lord's work. I wanted to do crafts. I am very crafty and lead the elderly ladies with crafts and activities daily. Well, my friends 2 girls, asked me what I was planning on doing. I told them. They said that I HAVE to be a counselor! That I'd be a good one! That made me fell really good and really loved. I'm not too sure about the counselor thing- I'll pray and I know the Lord will lead me where he wants me. I did sign up for that too. :)

4 comments:

Ann Murray said...

That's great news, Linda. I'm sure it is meant to be and great things will come of it.
I'll be doing a meme and award thing on Friday on my blog and I'll not forget you!

Joleene said...

Working with kids is really rewarding. I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for the world. Good luck with it!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

God bless you. The Spirit is really moving, giving you the courage to take this step. He is a wonderful guide. We just need to listen!! I wish you the best. Cathy

Ann Murray said...

There''s a 3 sentence meme for you at my blog, Linda.
I think you'l enjoy doing it.