Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Project Almost Done........

First of all before I even begin to mention my project that I am almost done with I need to say that I did not go do the GED testing today. For one the main reason is that I need my HS transcripts and I can not find them. I found them about 3 weeks ago or so. I though I put them in a safe place. I guess I did not and I was up at 3 am this morning looking with no luck. Being a holiday week schools are not in session to get another copy. This will have to wait until I can either find them or get another copy. I can not take a test without them. :( Another thing I'm not prepared. How can I go do a test that I know I will fail? Why set myself up for failure. I'm going to look online over the weekend to find info about pre-testing online...see if I can do a test online and see how I do....... I am still very strongly thinking about doing this and I am not totally willing to give up yet. How can I give up on something I haven't even tried yet??? Anyways...that is that.......


So....now about my project. I am making 2 more sets of pj bottoms. I am almost done one set and have the other set cut out and ready to sew. I did all that this afternoon. I sewed the one set without any help! yay me!!!! It's amazing how things come so much easier after you have done it once! I got a little messed up on the hem and I need to fix it...but other than that they are pretty perfect!! I didn't have to take anything apart or stitch nor did I miss the fabric on any of it. I am SO amazed!! The fabric is Christmas fabric that I got at 70% off. I saved a bunch! It does not bother me if it's holly leaves. I am making my hubby another pair because he loved the ones I gave him at Christmas and I am making myself a pair. They are flannel to keep us warm this winter. I can't wait to have them done to wear them. It's hard because I do not a sewing machine of my own. I used to have a nice one years ago and it got stolen. I am in need of one and can't afford one. :( Right now I am using a friends. Bless her heart. I can't believe she's not sick of me yet. :) I'm always there at her house using her machine. She has a great heart and doesn't mind sharing. Thank goodness!!! I am also really enjoying myself and I am really starting to really enjoy sewing. Like I said it would be SO much better and easier if I had my own machine. The pics are of the holly pattern and my near completed pants. :)











wow...I can't believe it...this is my 200th post!! Wow!! I just realized that ;)

5 comments:

Test said...

Wow Linda they look great!
And I love the Holly pattern.
Blessings and Peace to both of you for the New Year :0)

Abby said...

Great PJ pants! So practical and comfy. I hope you get a sewing machine of your own soon.

I'm almost sure you can find GED test preparation resources online and I know that libraries have plenty of materials. I think you should practice with that stuff first to build your confidence. I'm a test preparation teacher, actually, although I don't teach GED.

Happy New Year!

Country Girl said...

I think they have prep classes at Adult ED. Cool bottoms, maybe this summer you could pick a sewing machine up at a lawn sale or thrift store or look on freecycle...never know. Happy New Year! ~Kim

Rick said...

Hello Linda, Please forgive me for being so bold, but I am doing a big of blog surfing to invite people over to my blog to enter my 2nd annual giveaway. There are no gimmicks. This is just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. I am giving away a free caricature drawn by me - and some other illustrations. I'd be honored if you came over and signed up.

Peggy said...

Congratulations Linda on your 200th post! on your sweet looking pj's, and on your awesome decision to do your GED testing...but wait til you are more ready. I will pray you find or can get a hold of your transcript copy. I wanted to comment here to ask if you found help on line because I have seen it. I was asked to tutor someone here for their GED & that's how I know it's there. When I started teaching & before as a TA, I helped prepare people for their GED but that was so long ago. Get your confidence built and I know you can do this!
I only copied a couple in my notebook but I know there are more:
http://www.gedforfree.com/faq.html


http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Online_GED%3A_What_Online_Resources_Can_Help_Me_Pass_the_GED%3F.html

Hoping and praying for you!I was without internet connection since before Christmas so I'm trying to go back & read & catch up with everyone. I hope your holidays were as full as the post that you invited me to view. I don't have sound but will view & comment when I do!!! THANKS! I love how you share these things!