Out of the blue about a week & a half ago I decided to make my hubby some pj bottoms. Mind you I don't sew nor do I really know how. I didn't have much money so I thought I'd make him a gift from the heart. It truly was. I along with a great friend some how managed to figure the pattern out and I sewed them. I think they came out great & I was super excited and almost gave them to him early! :) I gave them to him this morning and he loves them!! :) I had been very secretive last week and he asked me if this was what I was doing. I told him yes and it was great. I learned a lot from it & I'm ready to make another pair or two now!! I am also quite proud of myself :)







I had decided on Friday to pick him up a couple things from L.L.Bean while I still had my discount. They were going to be for his birthday in January but I changed my mind and gave them to him for Christmas after I realized that he went and got me a few things. We also went and got a few things for our kitties. We have stockings for them. They love Christmas! :)

John decided to get me a pair of snow shoes. I'm really excited about that because I'd been wanting a pair since I tried it last winter. I had tried a friends and was out for an hour or so and had wanted a pair so I could snow shoe but we never got around to it & he remembered how much I like it. :) I look forward to going out back in the woods and giving it a whirl! Also....great minds think alike & I guess we are like two peas in a pod. I had picked him up a weather station and He picked up for me......THE SAME thing!!! same one same everything..just different color!! Too funny!! We had NO idea until we opened them this morning!!! LOL!!!!


Last night was the Christmas Eve service at church. We did a candle light service. It was amazing. We sang some carols and they read the story and had some folks portraying Mary& Joseph & Baby Jesus and the wise men. It was great. It was so nice to see it & feel the spirit and just hear that gentle reminder that Christmas is about Jesus and not me. & to acknowledge to Him that it is. Thank you Jesus!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! May God bless each & every one of you!!!! I know that He has been blessing me in so so many ways and for that this Christmas I am very thankful!!!!







5 comments:
A very happy and holy and merry Christmas to you Linda - and to John!
Merry Christmas! I so enjoyed reading about your Christmas!!! Loved your sewing...it looks professional to me!!!
Juri
Thanks :) I know Juri..that's what my girl frined said :) & he loves them!! :)
Wow, the pj pants look great! Very impressive, and you even made the pattern yourself!
Sounds like a Christmas full of love, the way it should be!
So sorry It took me so long to arrive here! Have been trying to catch up since "Simon" is still in the shop. So very proud of you!! A belated Blessed Christmas and wishing you a Holy New Year!! Cathy
Post a Comment