The other day I decided to take my father for a walk. He is house bound for now, for he got into an auto accident a couple weeks ago and totaled his car. He's fine..no worries. He's just waiting for the insurance check so he can buy his next vehicle. I figured it would be nice to get him out of the house for a while. We went to this spot last year about this time and it was beautiful. It's a nice paved trail near his house and it's near the water. It's simply beautiful. It was great. I took all kinds of photos. I was able to go down near the water and just sat there and looked around me & felt very thankful. As I was walking I noticed different sounds of different birds and the scent of the autumn leaves. I just love that smell! We had a great time and I'm so glad I went out there. I just needed to be refreshed & I was. Thank you Jesus!!
Before I met up with him I went to picked up my paycheck, which was not there. They had mailed it to me..anyways...The parking garage overlooks the river and it's beautiful and I had been wanting to to get a picture of the water, and the train bridge & the leaves. I finally remembered my camera that day and got a few shots. :) I think of all the things I take pictures of , taking nature shots, God's beauty..His creation..Is by far my favorite things to take pictures of! At the fair that John and I just went to they have in one of the exhibit halls, photos 8x10 photos different people enter in. I plan on entering some of my photos into the fair next year. I have the application to do it. I'm excited about it. I've been wanting to do it for years. SO here's my chances..just to show them is all I want to do. Anyways........
I am doing kids church..(it's like Sunday School) at church. I had some issues within myself I resolved and have totally decided that I am going to take a leap of faith and step out of my comfort zone. I am going to teach kids church. I am pretty excited to get to know these kids, love on them & teach them about Jesus. We do have curriculum we go by. We have a schedule, dates in which we will be with the kids. It's 2 Sundays on 4 off. We have a pretty good rotation. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in this for me. :) I'm SO glad I decided to do this!!!!
We also stated are small home groups last Thursday. That was good. As a church we take the summer off and get back into it come fall time. We have small home groups. We do a pot luck supper and we do worship and a little Bible study & prayer & get to know each other..which is a little bitter in a smaller setting. I look forward to small groups this year. It's nice to get out of the house once a week and get together with them.
OK....so I think this is it..I decided to save this for last. My hubby got laid off from his job on Saturday. Gotta love the economy!! I was pretty upset on Sat. I've been ok dealing with it I think. Today I cried and was upset not knowing what we are going to do. It's hard. I am worried, but I'm really trying hard to have faith in the Lord over this. What does He have in store for us? I'm still not settled in a job yet. This job I have is not guaranteed 40 hrs. I only have one day I'm working this week and that does not and will not pay the mortgage. I just don't know what we'll do. Please pray for us during this tough period in our lives. Thank you :)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Seasons Of Change
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
you are in our prayers keep your faith GOD will Take care of you just Believe :)
Sorry about your husband's layoff. That's scary and tough, but you seem to always be able to look on the bright side, and I think that will help make good things happen for you.
Good luck with the photo exhibition, Linda. You're like me - we both like taking pictures of God's beautiful creation and sharing them.
Sunday School sounds like it'll be rewarding for you in that you'll probably get a lot more out of it than you can dream of right now.
Sorry to hear about your husband's loss of job.
The recession is so much in the news, isn't it, and yet when it affects someone personally it must be very hard to deal with, but I know you'll pray about it Linda and all your friends will pray too, and hopefully you'll get good news soon.God is good!
Sorry to here about your husband's job.
I'll pray for you. Your faith is strong and you have a positive way of looking at life and I'm sure that things will work out for you both.
God Bless ~
Post a Comment