Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lead me to the Father





this is one of my favorite worship songs and it's been in my head for a few days now. We sang it the other night while doing worship at our Small Home Groups. It is a beautiful song & I wanted to share it. Sorry there's no pictures on this YouTube of it I found :( You just have to listen to it. You'll really like it! Here are the words to it.

My heart waits with expectation
A longing for love, insatiable desire
Jesus lead me to the Father’s arms
His comforting words
Build hope to carry on



How can I live
Without Your gentle soothing voice
Where can I go
To know the fruits of love and joy

Lead me to the Father
Lead me to the Father


Bring my heart
To the point of least resistance
A place of simple trust
And one of simple faith
Only You can take me to His home
Where we will be united
His promises fulfilled

God is SO good and SO awesome!!! One day last week I was on my way to work and had called my sis to say good morning and after I hung up with her I turned up the radio and the person talking was quoting this scripture.......

Joshua 1:9--Here it is...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

That verse was for me!!! I know it!! It was from God as a reminder for I was feeling discouraged and overwhelmed and I heard this and knew in my heart it was for me and I prayed the rest of the way to work and was very thankful for this reminder. His love is SO amazing isn't it? :) So....my hubby got called back to work!! YAY!!!! I got more hours at work! YAY!!! Things will get better and the Lord ALWAYS provides!!!! He is good!!!
Also...I have decided that I REALLY like doing Kids Church! It's awesome, It's fun & the kids are great! teaching them a little bit about Jesus is awesome! & going up front with the kids and doing worship with them is awesome too!!!What we do we line them all up front and we face the worship team..so we are pretty much the front row. I really like being in that spot. I'm just gonna have to go up front and worship every Sunday. I have decided that is the place I like the most..being up front..It's a really neat feeling..and it's just the Lord & me and I like being in that special place! :) I'm gonna miss not doing Kids Church when it's not our teams turn. :( I really enjoy being a part of it. :) God is doing some pretty amazing things in my life and for that I feel very blessed!!!

6 comments:

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Bit of the Blarney said...

May God continue to bless you and keep you both. Obviously your faith is true and He is true to you! Thanks for stopping by! Cathy

Peggy said...

Blessings Linda...You should have linked this post to SUPER SUNDAY!
It was perfect! Gotta go to church but wanted to thank you for stopping by and you are welcome any time. I love your horse. I'll come visit more later!

I'm back and deleted previous comment for typo...then wrote it again but wanted to tell you that when you are overwhelmed and discouraged the Lord will speak in all ways to let you know what Joshua tells you to Be strong & courageous. I pray that not just then were you able to hear His small voice encouraging you but every moment that you falter.

I'm so glad that Kid's Church has become such an important ministry to you! I hope when your team's turn is over, it won't be long until you get another turn or maybe substitute for someone who cannot be part. Listen carefully perhaps God is calling you to something special. I pray you continue uplifted by worship songs that speak to your heart & situation!

Thanks again for your first visit!
I do hope you will be back!

Diane Meyer said...

Gotta love the animal pictures on your blog. :-)
God is so good to bless us with them, isn't He?
Your word on my blog were such a blessing to me, I can't even tell you. Thank you so much for taking the time to encourage me.

Dreaming again said...

Joshua 1:9--Here it is...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

It never fails that when God gives me that verse .. it's time for me to dig in my heels deeper into Him.
For me ..it's always a call that things are going to be rougher and a reminder to be strong and courageous.

While I'm grateful that the Father shows me ..prepares me ... I get unnerved when I see the verse. ;o)
It's a call to battle for me and a reminder of who I am in Christ ..IN that battle.

Linda said...

I completly and totally understand pk....When I heard that verse I was almost in shock...I had a little sliver of doubt..Ok Lord is that you speaking? Is this for me? I quickly realized it was and I needed to repent and did. When things in life pile up..It's SO easy to loose your courage and be terrified and loose your focus on Him..for me it works that way..It's getting better..He's doing SO many things and testing me big time..I'm trying hard not to fail..I'm doing OK in that area & to trust Him and know that We/I am not in the battle alone. He is there and WILL help us win that battle if we let Him.