On Saturday I along with my Mother, Father, 2 of my Aunts, Grandmother and 2 of my cousins got up bright and early and took a trip to Connecticut from Maine(not too far) for a surprise baby shower for my sister Tammy. It had been planned for 8 months and I kept it from her. It was VERY hard. We are very close and I talk to her on the phone EVERY day and I never let it slip.I know that at some point I almost let the cat out of the bag but never did.
Funny story. I was talking to her on Friday night and she asked what I was making for dinner. I told her Spaghetti and meatballs. (I make my own sauce and meatballs) I have a huge pot and always make a large amount and freeze it for later. She said "you know the next time you and John come down you'll have to bring me some.I know it won't be until next year but you'll have to bring me some." I told her yeah- but I didn't know when I'd be down. Didn't have the money for the trip.Said yeah maybe sometime next year. We hung up- I laughed SO hard. She had NO clue I'd be there the next day. Needless to say I put aside to big freezer bags full of my sauce and brought it with me just for my sister. Now she did say to bring it the next time I came down and I said I would. :) She laughed when I gave the sauce to her.
The party was a blast. She had no clue. Bill my brother-in-law got her out of the house for an hour. We got there and helped my niece Erica decorate. I do want to add that I am VERY proud of Erica she is almost 14 and she put the shower together with some help from her dad. She did a fantastic job!! What a grown-up thing to do. That kid is so smart and has a good head on her shoulders.
Tammy cried. She was really surprised to see her family from Maine there. Having a surprise shower is one thing but having her family there to share it was another.
Tammy is almost 8 months.She is due Dec 24th. She looks so cute. I was very happy to see her for a few hours and share in her joy. She means the world to me and to be a part of this means a lot to me. :)
On another note I got to meet my friends baby. His name is Jack.He's 3 weeks now- almost 4. He's so cute.I held him forever. He's so little and precious! I am his adoptive Aunt Linda. :)
We drove back in VERY bad rainy windy weather. Thank you hurricane Noel!! We made it ok. I just tried not to pay attention to the weather around me and listened to my worship music on my ipod I brought with me. It worked. I was calm and the least bit nervous. The Lord always takes care of us in times of need. :)







Sunday, November 4, 2007
Surprise Baby Shower
Posted by Linda at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment