My cat Baby has not been feeling too well these past few days. He's usually outdoors. He loves it. Here these past couple days he's been in bed. Today I had some clothes on the bed and he layed on them. John says it's because my scent is on them and he wants to be near his mama. This cat adores me to death. I admit I spoil him. Anyways, this afternoon John was rubbing him and found a lump and called me in to look at it. By the time I came in a massive amount of brown puss came running out like water. It wouldn't stop. It was gross and stunk to high heaven! It finally stopped but then it started bleeding. Usually I don't worry too much. I usually clean out the wound myself, but this was bad! So I called the vet. I was sure they were closed. They were closing soon and asked if I could get there in ten minutes. I wrapped him in a towel to keep him warm and away we went. We got there in ten minutes. He didn't cry or fight me or anything. He was well behaved. I think the infection was making him ill. The vet gave him a shot of a antibiotic and a pain med. Sent me home with a antibiotic to give him by mouth for two weeks twice a day The vet we go to is awesome. If something happens to either of our cats and I need to get in they usually have me come right up. like they did today. I didn't mention I had supper in the oven. Johns like waht do we do. I'm like shut it off. I'll find something else for us to eat when we come back. The stuff we do for our animals!!The bill wasn't all taht bad either. I didn't want to wait the weekend and have it get worse.He has to stay in the house for a little bit untill he's all healed up. He won't be happy about that after he starts to feel better. When we got home he did drink and eat. He hadn't done neither all day. Anyways here's a pic of my cute ill kitty. He got the wound from fighting. He's a fighter. He thinks he the king of the neighborhood!!

Friday, November 9, 2007
My Sick Kitty
Posted by Linda at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Here, kitty, kitty! I hope he gets better soon - after all he has to defend that title - by peaceful means of course.
Post a Comment