Saturday, August 18, 2007

HOT WATER TANK

Let me tell you it really stinks when your hot water tank dies. Mine died Tuesday night and I was without any hot water until tonight. John drives truck and there was nothing I could do till he got home but make sure the breaker was off. I'm am lucky though I had no mess- it didn't leak water everywheres. John and a friend just took the old one out. It looks aweful. It did last a good 15 yrs.Wewent and picked one up at Home Depot and they will install it and I pray taht by the time I go to bed I have hot water. I ate out all week. Didn't want to deal with dishes and have to heat up water to wash them. That's a pain. I've had to shower elsewhere. I'm lucky that at work we ahve a shower room I was able to use it. Thank goodness. I am very anal about having a shower everyday. I know that I wouldn't die without a shower but I just don't feel clean or happy.One more unexpected expense! :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! Just found your blog and was interested to see you share my daughter's name :-)

I know what you mean about the awful feeling when there's no hot water. I'm running a series of blogs about water conservation (especially here in the desert country), which you might be interested in reading. There will be another entry Monday.

If not water, then there's always the contest which ends August 31st. So come on over and visit a while.

LaFrance said...

What a frustrating thing to go through without the husband at home! GRRRRR! We'll scrapbook away our frustrations tonight! YAY!