First of all I've had this song in my head all day..I just looked it up..It's an old Ray Boltz song....I've had the chorus in my head. Mind you I haven't heard this song in ages..it is an old favorite, and here are the words to it. No matter what life may throw my way..no matter what I may go through I will always praise the Lord!!!
Navigation: R \ Ray Boltz \ I Will Praise The Lord
Bleeding in the darkness
The cell was cold and black
Driven to unconsciousness
The stripes on His back
He heard a voice call out his name
His mind began to clear
And in the darkness Paul replied
Silas I’m here
Oh my brother Silas
Paul uttered with a groan
Today when they were beating us I thought
We were going home
And when I opened up my eyes
I was going to look at Jesus’ face
But here we are together
In this dreadful place
But I will praise the Lord
I will praise the Lord
No matter what tomorrow brings
What it has in store
I will praise the Lord
CHORUS:
I will praise the Lord
I will praise the Lord
No matter what tomorrow brings
What it has in store
I will praise the Lord
This may be a prison
And these may be chains
Still I am free
Free to praise His name
And in tribulation
My heart still sings
He is my Messiah
Yes He is my King of Kings
Prisoners started waking up
Singing filled their ears
Some men started swearing
Others were in tears
Then suddenly it happened
There was no mistake
As Paul and Silas praised the Lord
The walls began to shake
CHORUS
Praise the Lord!
Yesterday an old friend of mine that I grew up with lost her mother at the age of 59. We went to church together as teens, youth group ect...she lived across the street from the church, and her mother was a professional Gospel singer. Her name was Diane Muise. She was a amazing woman and singer, and Christian. SHe is home with the Lord. She performed her last concert last week at a near by church where she was a member. Please pray for that family. Her family was with her. Her youngest son graduated from HS on Friday and she was unable to attend due to ahving a heart attack on Thurs and by pass surgery also that day. She leaves behind 3 children and I'm thinking 2 grandchildree & her husband. They will need all the support they can get.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Random Things& Thoughts
Also something else that hit our community pretty hard last week was a family who was having a carriage ride by two ponies in a near by town, when it got hit by a truck. One little girl died. She was nine. Her sister was also there, and a church friend. They both got hurt. The two girls were adopted a few years ago from another country and were close and the one who passed was the oldest and was the mother hen sort of speak when they were in the orphanage before they got adopted. They all attend a local church also where my parents attend. My parents knew all of them, and the little girls funereal was today. Please pray for the family and the church family, as it is a close church.
There has been a heat wave going through our area. This is day 3. It's very hot, and also very unusual for this time of year for our area. I wonder if this is what we have in store for our summer. It's been above 90 and very humid. Thank God for central air!!!! As I am sitting here and enjoying it!!!!
Today our my church did its food pantry. A friend suggested I go out and volunteer. It was my day off, and I had nothing else planned so I drove out to the church this morning and helped out for a few hours. I used to go out and help but I stopped. It's been like 2 years I think since I last helped. I'm Glad I went today. It was good. It's nice to help and bless others & touch lives. That's why we're here and I need to do more of it!!! Praise God!!!!!
Here's some random pictures of some flowers I took out in my yard last week. I love playing with the camera.
Posted by Linda at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh I feel so sorry for those poor families, losing their loved ones.
I'll say a little prayer for them both.
It's funny that you mention volunteering at the churches food pantry as I've just started doing the same thing at my church.
I love the pictures of your flowers too. My garden isn't blooming just yet ( probably due to all the rain we've had here in England)
They look absolutly beautiful.
Blessings to you today:)
Love the pictures! I found you too!
What lovely flowers!!! Just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you have learned to crochet. Congratulations!!! Cathy
Post a Comment