Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been tagged & my day yesterday

Cathy @ Bit-of-blarney thought this was fun and I was tagged. So..here it is....thank you Cathy!! :)



The first thing I thought today: more sleep please

The first thing I ate today: a couple wheat toast

The first thing I drank today: water

The first thing I said today: good morning to my hubby on the phone

The first action I did today: drove to work

The first thing I read today: the newspaper

The first item of clothing I put on today:my socks

The first person I spoke to today (apart from God, of course): my hubby

The first chore I did today: made the bed

The first blog I visited today: Cathy @ Bit of the Blarney

................................................................................
yesterday was a pretty awesome day. It had rained the night before was damp most of the day, but I didn't mind. Everything just looked so fresh outside. Most everything dried up as the day went on. I made this most amazing chocolate fudge cake with fudge frosting from scratch for Kinship(small church group) that was meeting. My girlfriend Tammy came down in the afternoon with her 3 girls to visit and the girls could jump around on the trampoline. Tammy had to run some errands, so the girls and I jumped around on that thing for a good 2 hours and had a blast!! My hubby came home and watched us, and then decided to get on and jump around for a little bit. Between all of them they persuaded me to do a flip on it. I've NEVER done a flip ever. I vowed I never would. John had been trying to get me to do one for awhile. I was always too scared to do it. Well, I did one. Took me awhile to build up my courage, but I did it, did it a few times.It wasn't as hard as I first thought, and it felt good to do it..

kinda reminds me of areas in my life that I have a hard time with...things I'm afraid of, and when I find the courage to face these things, I come out feeling much better in the end.

They were trying to get a picture. I'll put a couple of me landing. I laughed SO hard!! We had a blast!!!! I love those girls!! I told them they were welcome anytime this summer. I told Tammy she could drop them off anytime with me. :)







Last night was our last Kinship for the season. (small Bible group) we meet every Thursday. Have a potluck supper. Do worship, then a little Bible study, and prayer. We meet during the school year. School is about done, so the small groups are all wrapping up. I really enjoy these small groups. It's usually about 8-12 people that meet every week. It's smaller so you can discuss things better. Get prayer, get to know each other better. It's awesome. My friends Phil & Tammy lead it. It was Tammy's girls that were at my house yesterday. I just LOVE that family. They are like family to me. So... last night was the last one. We did a big cookout. That was very yummy. They all LOVED my cake. Then we did a awesome awesome awesome worship time around the fire. There is just something so amazing about worshipping the Lord outside. It was something wonderful.

Then Phil read a few passages, and talked about a book he told me about a month ago.Well at first it was a month or so ago he mentioned this book, I had NO idea why I even remembered the name of it, then I realized why I remembered. It was a book I was SUPPOSED to read. I bought this book last week, I went to the Bible book store for a Bible cover for a new Bible I had bought last week, and asked about this book for him, he was looking for it, well, once I picked it up, I knew that I had to buy it. I know in my heart that the Lord was telling me to get it. I did, and I read it in 2 days. I had more than half of it read in 3 hours. This book is AMAZING, and I recommend anyone to read it. I already know a few people who have read it who were moved by it. I was moved by it. It's called "THE SHACK" by WILLIAM YOUNG. I feel that I was touched by God, and there is a lot that I learned from this book. It is fiction, but seems so real. It's truly a amazing book. It's about a man who has a major tragedy in his life, and God is trying to reach out to him, and this man gets a invitation to The Shack, where he encounters The Father, Son & Holy Spirit, and as you read you see his life being transformed. It really is a must read, and is a easy read. It's not very long. Check it out.



My friend Tammy on the left & Cheryl leading worship by the fire.
....................................................................................
I tag...

whoever wants to play along................

this takes little or no thought...a simple one. :)


oh.....Here's a couple pictures of my chocolate cake! :)



2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Amazing!!! You've been a busy little beaver...I enjoy our visit here! have a Grand weekend and thank you! Cathy

Shosannah said...

Mmmm I love Chocolate cake. Yours looks absolutly delicious :)
I've been wanting to get a trampoline for my girls, they are a little to small at the moment though.
I'm sure I could never do a backflip on one though ! You are a braver soul than me :)
I love the pictures of the girls, looks like they were having a blast.
I'll check out the book reccomendation as well. I always like to check out new books.
What a fun post. Thanks for sharing :)