This poem I wrote last night- the tital of it has been on my heart for a few weeks. Let me explain. First of all this is about my Mother-In-Law Joyce's Bible and her life in my perspective. From the outside looking in. I have looked at her Bible many times when we went to visit, but when she passed on in March I sat alone and took it off her TV stand where she always kept it and really looked at it and the things she wrote down. I know for myself and many of you we all have things written down in the margins, maybe quotes and different writtings that have helped us on lifes way and looking at hers and thinking of mine brings peace and joy to my soul.I do not have her Bible. I'm not sure where it actually is- maybe one of the kids has it. I hope whoever has it is, is touched by it as I was. Enjoy.......
~~~My Mother's Bible~~~
In my mother's Bible
there's a story to be told.
Written on the first page
she wrote of the best day of her life,
When she married her husband Clyde.
Then she also has writtin in this book.
The miracle of her children's birth.
Then written throughout the rest of this book
tells of our Saviors life.
How He came and was born of Mary.
His teachings and miracles performed.
How He healed the sick and broken hearted
and then it tells of how He died,
because He loved us and wanted to save mankind.
Then it tells of the story how Jesus rose again
and how He forgives all of our sins.
In my mother's Bible
she has special things written down
things that have touched her life.
Then she has marked in this book
verses she holds dear to her heart.
The pages are worn
this book she has read.
The story of our Saviors life.
That she held true and applied to her life.
I look at this book
and I can think of her life
and I can see where
by reading this book it helped her through her life
and it kept our Savior by her side.
(c) Lindamay Carpenter 12/29/07
Sunday, December 30, 2007
My Mother's Bible-POEM WRITTEN BY ME!!!
Posted by Linda at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
This poem is a lovely way to remember your mother and keep her memory alive ....and the bible - her very own, which was held in her hands and lifted up and read throughout her life is now lifted up and read by you. God's word, God's gift, God's treasures that money cannot buy.
I hope you and your husband and all those dear to you have a very happy New Year, Linda.
Oops, I realise now it was in fact your mother in law's bible, but the way you describe it I guess there would be many similar things between the two bibles and the two women.
My husband has his late father's bible and just as you describe, there are many little passages and dates scribbled into the margins and on to spare pages at the back.
"My Mother's Bible" is a testament to your mother-in-law and the love she had for the Word of God and her family. For in your words, you have given her life again. What a wonderful way to honor a holy woman of God!!!
Happy New Year, Linda!!!
Post a Comment