Friday, December 21, 2007

John's got a job!!!!! & More

YAY!!!! First I'll start this by saying that my husband has a job!!! I have doubted but as always God pulled us through. It's a trucking job. He didn't really want a trucking job but it was a good oppurtunity and he took it. A friend of us told us about it and he called and the guy hired him pretty much right away. I filled out a mountain of paper work for him last night. I think it must've took me an hour to do it all. To me this is my Christmas miracle this year. This is all I wanted and I got it. Thank you Jesus!!


Yesterday we had tons of snow. It was really pretty. We went out to visit a friend and I was kinda bored. So our friend said hey why don't you throw my snow shoes on and go for a walk in the woods. I was doubtful. Never had done it. But I did anyways. I went for a walk in the woods. I didn't fall down!! All I had for a camera was my cell phone so i took pictures with that. It was SO amazing! It was so pretty. I had a blast. I was walking around and looking at the beauty that the Lord was putting right before my eyes and it gave me such a calming and I was saying. "Thank You Jesus!!" After I got back to the house I was so excited and so full of energy. I told John and need a set. I found something that I really like. I saw deer tracks and other tracks while I was out there. So I'm going to get myself a set. It will give me something to do this winter. I ahve woods behind my house and I know the trails and I can see it in a different light. With snow instead of grass and flowers. I rad something not too long ago that said to go walk in the winter where you've walked before in the summer and the landscape will look so different. Here are a few pics of waht I took. had to share the beauty. :)














Today at work we had a Christmas party for our residents. They made their own sugar cookies a couple days ago and we served them today at the party. We sand Christmas carols with them today. They love it! I love it! It was a blast. Debbie (my friend) and I put the party together. We also had a stuff animal for every resident. Debbie's church donated a whole trash bag full. The residents enjoyed that. It was a really good day today. :)






When I got home from work this afternoon John was on the roof clearing the roof off. We've had quite a few storms and it's going to rain on Sunday and the last thing we need is for our roof to cave in. So he cleaned it off. I also helped him. He shoveled up there and I used the roof rake. That's hard on the arms let me tell ya!! Then when we were all done I was being foolish and jumped in the snow and John got some pics. :)










Peanut my cat came outside and she knew I was there but couldn't see me. I was saying her name and it was funny seeing her reaction.






And then she found me.....LOL!!

4 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I say congratulations and THANKS BE TO GOD!!! Merry Christmas!

Joleene said...

Awesome! I'm glad that he got a job. It's hard to go through that kind of stress especially around this time of year. Snowshoeing is a lot of fun! I have a pair but haven't done it in a really long time. It is beautiful to go out in the woods when it's snowed.

Sue said...

Congratulations on John getting a job. That's great! Also, anytime you would like some genealogy information, I'd be happy to share.

deanna said...

Congratulations on the job! Hope you have an awesome New Year!!