Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tag

Christmas Tag was tagged by Jo-- Thanks. Something a little fun.

Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like both. I admit sometimes I'm lazy about wrapping and use bags.

Real tree or artificial?
Real. I hate fake trees. I love the smell of pine and I grew up with fake trees and really detest them.

When do you put up the tree?
Usually right after Thanksgiving but this year it didn't get put up until last week.2 weeks before Christmas

When do you take the tree down?
Usually the day after Christmas. I have even taken it down the day of Christmas. This year I'm going to try and keep it up until the New Year.

Favorite holiday theme?
I really like snowmen. That's my thing.

Favorite gift received as a child?
Strawberry Shortcake roller skates, Cabbage Patch Kid Stroller , My first curling Iron as a teen

Do you have a nativity scene?
yes, first year I've ever had one. Having that in the house gives me a gentle reminder what Christmas is really about. The birth of our Savior. Not the gifts under the tree.

Hardest person to buy for?
My Brother

Easiest person to buy for?
My husband

Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Don't think I've ever gotten anything that I thought was really bad.

Mail or email cards?
Cards, all though I do enjoy some of the animated Christmas cards by e-mail

Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life --Rudolph and Frosty

When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Right after Christmas. I love to hit the stores right after the Holiday to see the deals I can get for the following yer.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
no--but wanted to but never did.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
All the fancy Chocolates

White lights or colored on the tree?
Colored lights.

Favorite Christmas song?
Oh I have SO many. --Away in a Manger, Mary Did You Know, Silent Night, Feliz Navidad, Let it be Christmas, Silver Bell & many many more

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
Stay home.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes, but only with the help of the Rudolph song.

Angel on the tree top or a star?
Usually my Mother-In-Laws Angel but I do both. All depends on what I feel like that year.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
As a child it was Christmas Eve. Now it's Christmas Day

Most annoying thing about this time of year?
I hate the craziness of the people. Everyone is rush rush. I think people get so caught up in the gift buying they forget what Christmas really is all about. It's too bad really.

What I love most about Christmas?
Being with my family, and watching my nieces and nephews open their gifts and seeing the awe on their faces.

O

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I had so much fun doing this with family and friends via email. Most of them most of them don't have blogs, so I got to share with them in that way. You have a delightful blog and your Christmas pics and those of your niece are very nice. Congratulation, Auntie!

Joleene said...

I used to love stawberry shortcake too. It's funny how much you can miss the toys you used to play with. Merry Christmas!