So something totally awesome has happened to me this week. I have this friend that I just got reconnected with and it's a total blessing from the Lord. She and I were best friends for a few years during our childhood and I have never forgotten her. I still have pictures of us and all the letters she ever wrote me. She was from Alabama and I from Maine. Her grandparents went to the same church as I did. She and her brother came up every summer to visit. Her and I hit it off. We'd spend our summer together. Her grandparents had a camp in Poland and I remember us going there all the time. I remember being on her grandfathers sail boat. I remember being in a canoe for the first time with her. I slept over her grandparents house quite a few times. We'd write letters back and forth during the school year and we got very close and at some point we drifted apart for what ever reason. Well, last week I saw her grandfather. He plays music where I work and may I add he is incredible! He and his wife were major role models in my life then and have touched me in a deep way. Anyways whenever I'd see him I'd ask how she was- he'd tell me whatever was going on in her life at that time. well this time he offered to gave me her e-mail address.So I contacted her and we have e-mail twice this week. We have so much to catch up on. I really hope and pray that this will turn into a wonderful friendship. I have found out that she has gone through some of the same life situations that I have and we can relate on those grounds. I hope and pray we can relate on so much more. She was a wonderful friend then and I'm sure she would be today. :) I thank the Lord that I was able to contact her and all the wondering about her is over. :)
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment