
Me worshipping
Me dancing and worshipping

Cheryl..leading worship


the kids worshipping


Oh taste and see that the Lord is good
Oh taste and see that the Lord is good to me x2
You turned my mourning into dancing
Put off my rags and clothed me with gladness
And I will rise and I will praise you
I'll sing and not be silent x2
Oh Lord, My God, I will give thanks to you forever
Oh Lord, My God, I will give thanks to you forever x2
Let me begin by saying that this was an experience of a lifetime for me. I came back home with a changed heart. The Holy Spirit was all over me. I, through Him conqoured my fears. First of all..I've always had this fear of praying out loud, and I did not read my Bible out loud to anyone..in a group. It made me very uncompfortable, and I never really gave the Lord my all..when it came to worshipping. When I was around 14 or so I did. I had no problem with worshipping the Lord, hands raised, and speaking in front of a group. I'm not sure what happened over the years. As a teen I was also involved in children's ministries. That also stopped.....but.......over this week that all changed....I let the Lord have control of my life. I feel SO filled!!!! Sooo...let me tell you all about it...it was fantastic!!So...I prayed with the girls a few times, out loud. I did devos with them, out loud, and I prayed out loud at one of the staff meetings, and shocked everyone. They couldn't believe it. I was shaking like a leaf, but knew i NEEDED to do it, and just let the Holy Spirit guide me. Worship was incredible!!! The kids got right into it, singing, dancing ect... I did too!!!! It's neat to watch the children worship the Lord. It was awesome, I sang, danced, raised my hands, to freely give of myself, and receive what He had to offer me. Friday night we did a campfire, did worship, and a salvation message. A few children received Christ as their Savior. It was neat. Some also rededicated their life to Christ, I had decided after the most incredible Christ filled week that I had..that I too wanted to rededicate my life to Christ, so I did. My friend Tammy's mom was there and she prayed with me. I feel SO filled up. I really do. Today is Monday, I got home on Saturday, and I'm back into the real world, and I still feel filled, and I will. I made a promise to God, that I intend to keep. Here's my life, It's yours. I plan on doing camp next year. I think I also want to get involved in other areas at church with the children's ministries. :) The above pictures, and of the children worshipping, and also me worshipping. A friends daughter grabbed my camera and captured some pictures. The above song is a worship song that we sung. I'd never head it before, and it captured my heart.
The girls were great. I instantly feel in love with them. I got attached to quite a few of the girls. Some of the girls wanted my address so they could write me. It was a very busy week, but LOTS of fun!!! This first pic is of Marsha..she was the other counselor in the cabin with me. We had a good week together.

Marsha

Carmen & Marsha


Me and one of my cabin girls..Katie..she was a riot!!!
All my girls on our team
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was at camp, sometime in the middle of the week. I wrote this poem. Cheryl the worship leader was like " this is amazing, and it should be a worship song." So here it is..I want to share it with you all. :)
I will sing
I will shout
I will honer your name
I will give my highest praise
I love and adore you
my Savior my King
my sweet
my wonderful everything
I give you my heart
all that I have within
I give you my life
I will love and honer you
with every breath that I take
I will dance
for you my King
my everything
I will lift my hands with praise
and proclaim your wonderful name
Jesus, Messiah, Precious King of Kings
Lord of Lords, Wonderful Savior
who gave His life for me
I close my eyes
and see your face
A Savior
who has deep love for me
A Savior
who means everything to me
A Savior
who gave up His life
just for me
Thank you
My Savior
my wonderful precious King
07/10/08













4 comments:
It looks like you had a life changing week. That is so cool. I really enjoyed seeing all of the pictures. It sure looks like you had a great time.
Wow! What a great experience.
I'm so happy for you :0D
God Bless
xx
WOW!!! look at you!!! lifted on high by the wings of angels!!! Thanks be to God...God it GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! Cathy
Dropped by to say, "Tag, your it!" Cathy
Post a Comment