Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!

~~GOD BLESS THE USA~~~

If tomorrow all the things were gone I’d worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,‘
Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s pride in every American heart,
and it’s time to stand and say:

I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

Words and Music by Lee Greenwood

This is one of my favorite songs & sing it with great pride!!

Happy July 4th everyone. John and I went and watched our local fireworks this evening. It was nice. We haven't gone in years. He is usually trucking. Today he's home, so we went.

The other day at work I put on a 4th of July party for the elderly people I work with. They loved it. It was a lot of fun. For the last half hour we did a patriotic sing a-a long. It was amazing. You could defiantly tell that they were very proud the be Americans and have great pride in our country. It brought tears to my eyes. I know that i am very proud to be an American and remember the men who fought for our freedom, and the ones who still are!! At the end of the party, I went and got the US flag and we all stood up and said the pledge. It was a proud moment. Even at their age, and issues they have, they remember the pledge and said it with great pride, and some of them had tears in their eyes. What a neat moment.

I am finally all packed and ready to head out in the morning for a week of Kids Kamp.I was very last minute, and didn't pack anything until today. I'm not usually like that. I am usually at least 3 days ahead of myself, not this time though. :) I'm looking forward to it. Please pray for me this week that I will touch the lives of these children and that I will be closer to the Lord than I ever have been in my life. :)

4 comments:

Shosannah said...

Happy (belated) fourth of July Linda :0)

Joan said...

I think you'll have a great time. Working with kids is really great.I'm sure you'll come back with some very specail memories. Joan

Wanda's Wings said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. ENJOY WORKING WITH THE KIDOS THE WILL GIVE YOU SOME MEMORIES FOR A LIFE TIME. GOD BLESS YOU.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Know I am praying for you and the children. With all the tenderness with which God has endowed you, I cannot see you would not lovingly touch the lives of these children. God Bless you!!! Cathy