Thursday night is Kinship(small church group) I go to. I had decided not to go-but changed my mind. It turned out that I am really glad I went for 2 reasons. First I have this God sent friend Tammy- she is a gift from God. A true gem- well- we were celebrating someone elses birthday- and she went in another room to get the cake for the other woman and came out with 2 cakes- one for her and one for me and sang happy birthday to me(along with the rest of the group) and she told me to make a wish and blow out the candles.I did, and I wanted to cry- I was so happy and so moved, touched by her love- What is so special about this cake is that her 3 daughters made it for me. That really touched me. I love her girls!!she also had a small gift for me too with a beautiful card where she wrote and I will never forget these words
"I love you my friend! I am thankful for the blessing of our friendship! I pray this year brings you closer to Jesus than you've ever been!"
That touched me deeply- especially the part about being closer to Jesus. That is my true desire. I did make a wish and it is on its way to becoming true.
She gave me very pretty cross earrings I love them and a bracelet that to me speaks volumes- it's very pretty and it says 3 words- LOVE-FRIEND-FOREVER and has a heart hanging off of it- plus pink, blue and white beads- to me in my heart there's a meaning behind this necklace--
It means to me-- from her- that she loves me and is my friend forever and as far as the heart it means to me that I have a part of her heart with me always. For that I am forever grateful. She made me feel very very special and well loved. I felt the love of Christ.
The message that was spoken that night really spoke to me heart and it turned out to be a really good think! :)
On Friday at work the girls I work with God love them!!! We were all called in the recorse room together- i was like man what now-- but before i could get in there my boss called to to her office- i thought i did something wrong- AGAIN she was SO serious and said she had to discuss something with me- she had it written down and was flipping through papers and said that she could find it- then said oh- lets go see what they want and we went in the room and all my coworkers were there and they all sang happy birthday to me- and I cried like a baby.They made me feel really good today! I had such a hard time cutting the cake- I had frosting all over my hands and the table- I was crying the whole time- my boss had to help me-- I truly love my co-workers!! They are great!!! I guess they had the cake hidden from me- man I had 2 cakes and they were both hidden from me. I have had 3 days of birthday this year- the Lord did not want me to forget my birth- and it was a gentle reminder of his love and everybody elses for me. My co-workers made me feel wonderful today. Bless their hearts. Thank you Jesus!!!!!
Friday, March 14, 2008
More Birthday
Posted by Linda at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Bless you, too!!! Happy birthday...though belated!!! Cathy
I'm not in the last surprised that your friends held a surprise party for you and got you to cut the cake.
Your kindness comes across again and again in your posts, Linda, and I'm sure it's no different when you're at work.
I'm glad you had a 3 day celebration, many happy returns!
Happy Belated birthday!
lost my blog feed when we turned off AOL ... just found it ..and found you!!
Hiya! (my link wasn't working on my blog)
Post a Comment