Monday, October 11, 2010

Special Olympics Maine

















>Something I totally have a newfound passion for....the Special Olympics. I got involved in a two day HUGE fundraiser for the Maine Special Olympics. We did a HUGE lobsta bake/auction on a Friday, and did a all day Celberty Golf tournament the other day. (a couple weeks ago)On the Friday I spend the day helping set up/tear down, seerve, bus tables, set up the auction, and on Sat I drove a golf cart around all day. I had a blast. I met some AWESOME people!!!! I drove around a retired NFL player who was totally awesome!!! I watched a clip on the special olympics and cried and decided that I'm going to do what I can do to get more involved. My Fiencee and I did this together. He does it every year and has for years. His uncle is on the board for the Maine Special Olympics and it's almost like a family thing. It was just totally awesome and I cant wait to do this again next year. In March we do a softball game to raise money. I did that last March. It's called the Snow Ball tournment. We play it in the snow and mud and its a lot of fun a little cold but for a great cause!!!! :)




0 comments: