Jesus, all I have is you
You're the hope I'm holding to
I might weep, but still my faith rest in You.
As the Heavens hold the sky
it's your hands that hold my life
And Your love will lead me on
when all else is gone.
This is part of a song that was in my head the other day. I was having a weak moment. I was sitting in my rocker in the living room, crying. I don't totally recall what it was all about. I do know that this time of year is very hard for me. I have had losses and last year it was really hard for me and I went through a lot of emotional stuff. It's not as bad this year as it usually is. I'm really trying to get a grip on things and just know in my heart that this is the way that the Lord wants it for my life. So, this song came in my head and I sang it out loud. It gave me hope and peace in my heart. It IS His hands that hold and guide my life. His love makes me strong and I can get through anything. I was telling a friend who is going through some stuff in her life that the world may fail us, our bodies may fail us, people, family, Friends may fail us...in all of that we HAVE HIM!!!! He IS always there! He NEVER fails us!! He IS our hope!He IS mine! I have nothing else to hold onto but Him. I don't want to hold onto anyone else. I want to cling to my Savior. This year already is better than last year. I am in a better place than I was last year as this time and I don't want to slip back into that place of depression and feel totally lost. It's still hard. It will always be. You would think as the years go by that the pain would be less. It's not really. The one thing that is different is that I know I can lean on my Savior. He will lead me through this. One day in my life I may finally be able to stop asking why and accept His will for my life. This is part of His plan. I don't know why and sometimes I honestly get angry. He's my God and He loves me and He knows what is best for my life.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
My Hope
Posted by Linda at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
It's hard sometimes especially at this time of year. If you need to talk, let me know. I'm a good listener. :)
Beautiful words, Linda! So glad you wrote them down. A wonderful post! Thank you! Cathy
You keep hanging in there. You know where your help comes from. (((Hugs)))
I can identify.. this is a hard time of year for me too.. Just keep your eyes on JESUS and try to focus on the positive. (That's what I do) We truly do have SO MUCH to be thankful for.. even if we've lost EVERYTHING we had in this world.. if we've got JESUS... we have IT ALL! Amen? =-)
LOVE YOU!
Tonya
And He loves you even when you're angry! He just loves and loves - it's as simple as that and the best thing we can do is just what you're doing Linda, on this blog and in your life - and that is- loving Him back.
Post a Comment