Monday, February 16, 2009

Sew...Much Fun.....

This is my new toy. I'm excited to have it. I'm very happy to have a sewing machine again! It's been so long without one. My hubby bought it for me on Valentine's. A perfect, practical gift. Just the way I like it! I have many many projects in mind and cant wait to get started! I played around with the different stitches yesterday and familiarized myself with the machine and I already love it! I'm going to get started on another pair of pj bottoms for myself this afternoon. I went out shopping Friday night to the fabric store and picked up some extra thread and a nice pair of shears. I got them all half off! You can't beat that! I also picked up a case to put it in so it won't get damaged & I can transport it when I need to.





This was a project I was working on for the past couple weeks. It's a handbag/make-up bag. I made it for my niece for her birthday. I thought it would be something that she would really like and enjoy. I was thinking more of a make-up bag to hang in her room. She loves purple and has everything purple in her room. I really enjoyed making it for her and I can't wait for her to see it.









I have really been trying to make more time for my family this year. I admit in the past I have not always been very good about it. My brother has four boys and I have been trying to get together with them to spend time with the whole family. Tomorrow we are all going bowling. I think that should be both fun and interesting. I'm going to bring along my camera. Last week I took my sister-in-law shopping with me. We stopped at the house and I took a few pictures of my youngest nephew Phoenix. I think he's a ham. He really loves the camera!











7 comments:

Tonya said...

WOW-WEE.. Aren't YOU smart?? I'm a little jealous now... hehehe

Oh, how I WISH I could sew! (Well, I can a little.. but ONLY A LITTLE) ☺

I LOVE the bag you made and look forward to see what else you get into. ☺ (Oh, your nephew is a cutie-patooty too)

HAVE A GREAT week!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Looks like you have been having a wonderful time! Good for you! Cathy

Wanda's Wings said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You do great work. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww The Pic's Of My Big Boy Are Cute! He Looks So Grown Up :) You Did A Really Good Job On The Bag, I Think It's a Great Make-Up Bag For Her Room! Had Fun Getting Out And Bowling Was Great!

Abby said...

What a perfect gift! Now you don't have to borrow your friend's machine.

I got my first sewing machine of my very own from my mom when I graduated from high school - such a practical gift! - and I've never been without one.

The machine I have now is a Necchi, and it's great! What brand is yours?

Linda said...

Kenmore..I keep wanting to call it a Kenworth! That's a TRUCK!!!! LOL!!!! My hubby drives truck and that's all I keep thinking when someone asks me..I start to say Ken...umm..... more...I keep wanting to call it a Kenworth! They laugh at me! :)

Sis said...

The makeup bag is so cute! Very nice, I know she loved it. Congratulations on your new toy!