Who Am I
by Casting Crowns
album: Casting Crowns (2003)
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours
I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I posted this song and lyrics because it's a song that I LOVE when I need a gentle reminder who I am, and how much He loves me. On my other blog I just posted 2 poems I wrote a couple weeks ago. I have been going through some stuff and honestly have had some doubts. Our pastor on the Sunday I wrote these poems had been talking about God's love for us and stuff, and even how much He LIKES us!Also that God wants us to know who we are Crazy I think he like me???? Why??? Sometimes when I am down I have major doubts. Something I've struggled with all my life and I had stated the poem a few days before actually and it tied right in to what our pastor spoke of. I had by the way sat through 2 services which I've done once before, I only did this was hanging out with my fried Tam and her family after church and they were my ride. Her family often go to both servies our church has and she has told me before that going to both that you get different things from both, and I did that Sunday and the first servie was great but I got more out of the 2nd. God really spoke to me, anyways- we were talking later on, and I showed her the poem I wrote not knowing who I was and she started putting positive things into it, and adding God into it, and I didn't think too much of it till later and i reread what I wrote and it was full of doubts and I didn't involve God into it really, so I rewrote another one. They are called "My Reflection" and the 2nd one is WAY better becuase I am asking God to show His love, and all that stuff. Check it out.
http://mypoetrystop.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Who Am I
Posted by Linda at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment