![]() | Cool Slideshows! |
Last weekend John and I went camping out in Freeport to Winslow Park- with some friends. Winslow park is rigth on the ocean and it's beautiful! The view is amazing. They have hiking trails that lead near the water. Several docks to walk on and fish on. They have a beach, playgrond for the kids- big kisd too lol!! Picnic areas, and other things too. It's a really nice- family orientated place. We all had a blast. I admit I had a few drinks on Friday night- I felt pretty good to say the least. We had a awesome fire that all our friends hung out at. We did smores and just sat around the fire and talked- got to oloud at one point I guess- don't really rememeber too much of that. We stayed from early Friday afternoon to late Sunday morning. When I was setting up camp I realized that I forgot to pack out pellows! OPPS!!Thank goodness we only live a half hour away! So we drove down to the house and got our pellows so we'd have a good nights sleep. We stayed up untill 2 am on Friday. I haven't stayed up that late in ages. I'm not as young as I used to be LOL!! I was up 22 hours Friday night. I was totally beat by the time I went to bed. It was crazy. I had gotten up at 4 that morning for work. Saturday night there was no way I could stay up that late. I had a few drinks and was in bed by 11 and slept all night long. I made a awesome breakfast Saturday morning. There's nothing like a breakfast at camp. It was the best! yum yum!! We got up Sunday- I was hoping that we get packed up and in town early enough so I could go to church but it didn't work out that way- oh well- So John had his coffee and I started packing up. We left camp I'd say about 10:30- 11ish. Headed home and about a half hour after we got home it started down Pouring and it poured the rest of the day. I'm gald we left when we did. The weather was great while we were there. We had a little rain when we first got to camp and that was it. It was pour 100% sunshine! We had a blast!! That had been the first time in 3 years that we have been camping. We have been too busy with life. Now we're trying to slow down and enjoy it a little bit. You only live once and you need to enjoy it while you're here. Been reminded of that a few times this year.




0 comments:
Post a Comment