Friday, December 18, 2009

Tis The Season.......




MERRY CHRISTMAS..........

Last week Randy and I went and cut down a tree. It was the first time I've had a fresh cut tree. It was awesome & the tree smelled great..oh and did I mention it was FREE??? It came from some land his uncle owns. None the less it was fun trekking through the woods looking for our tree. We got home and it was snowing by the way. There was a feeling of Christmas in the air for me. I had been down in the dumps about the holidays and unsure about them. I'm not quite as down and I no longer feel like scrooge. A couple days later his son and I decorated the tree. We put his things on it, some of my things and a few things I bought. We mixed it up a little. His son and I really had a great time doing this together. :) I thought the tree came out great and that it's really pretty, although it is a little on the crooked side. Randy and I will fix it once again and hope it will stay straight. If not, then it will stay crooked. :) I love to sit at night with all the lights off and just the tree on and just stare at it. It just brings be back 25 years to when I was just a child. I've always loved Christmas & I always will....


This Christmas has been totally different and a little hard for me. I have to admit I've had plenty of breakdowns. I have been trying to accept that my life is different now and it's the way I've wanted it. I can and will have new traditions. I guess that I have been forgetting what Christmas is all about in a way. It's not about me. It's about the birth of Christ. It's not about me & it's also about being with family adn I have a wonderful family that I will get together with on Christmas Eve & I will also get together with his family of Christmas Eve. It's double the joy. I have my family adn I have been welcomed by his family. :) I'm very happy where I am and who I'm with. I adore his children and it is his children who have put me in the Christmas spirit. I've gone Christmas shopping for his children, and it has been fun. His oldest son and I are going to make cookies for santa..that I'm looking forward to. I adore his kids. His oldest son lives with us and I've gotten very attached to him. He is a awesome kid.I've never had any kids of my own, and I'm put in this role that I sometimes feel overwhelmed but would not change it for the world!! I hope things don't change any time soon. I am very happy, I haven't been this happy in a long time......anyways...I just want to share our crooked tree. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

It's a beautiful tree! I'm so glad things are looking so good for Christmas!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What fun!!! It is a delightful and pretty tree! Made in Heaven!! :) CAthy