Monday, March 2, 2009

Slammed With Snow...





















Last Monday we got slammed with 15.5 inches of snow! This storm was done by 8 am. It was a very heavy snow and it caused all kinds of problems for people. The trees were bent right over. Some of them were even touching the ground. I'm not just talking about a branch but a whole tree. So many people lost power. It was heavy on the lines. We were lucky and didn't loose power at all. It was very pretty. I decided to get right up and head out doors and go for a walk down the street with my camera. Here are some of the images I captured. It really was beautiful. We are also right now getting slammed with more snow. They are calling for around 14 inches. I'm not to sure where we will put it. There really is no place for it. I have class on Monday's and it's gotten cancelled two weeks in a row. I don't much care for that. I one GED test left to do and I want to be done with it and move on with my life. I've done great on all of my other test. Lit & writing, 51, Science, 61, Social Studies, 61 & Reading 59.A 41 is passing. :)

7 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Looks like some of the pictures here of our ice storm last month that crippled two states and shut down electricity here for days, yours truly included. But 14 inches of snow! WOW!

Congrats and best wishes on your last few tests and the one upcoming.! God Bless! Cathy

Wanda's Wings said...

Oh my! That look sooooooooo cold!!!!!!!! I hope you are keeping warm. I should stop complaining about the cold we are having. Ir's just a cake walk. You take care. Warm wishes sent your way. Hugs.

Abby said...

Wow, you're doing great on your GED!

I can't believe all the snow you have. Here in colorado, we're having one of the driest winters I can remember - we have fire danger alerts in February!

私のブログ (My Blog) said...

Hello.. I am Indra... I from Palembang, Indonesian Countries..I happy to have you read the blog ..
you have a good blog . I happy with you. one-time visit my blog

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures. It is snowing as I sit here and catch up on all the blogs I read....but unlike you, we aren't expecting 15 inches.

Good job on your scores. How exciting!!!

Wanda's Wings said...

Just checking in on you. Hope you are doing well.

Juri said...

What beautiful pictures! I just wrote about spring, with pictures of budding trees, the come to your blog and see such a winter scene! Hopefully by now it is warming up a bit and soon you will be seeing signs of spring! Living in Florida, however, I am a bit jealous of the beautiful snow!

Juri