Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Family


I had some visitors over the weekend. My sister and her family came for the weekend. I don't see them too often. They live out of state, and the last time I saw my sister was this fall at her baby shower. I had a niece that I had not even met yet!! They came up to visit and see my grandmother who is not fairing too well. She has been in and out of the hospital. They came in late Friday night. I was in bed, but got up to greet them. My sis handed my my niece who I hadn't even met yet, and the baby smiled at me right away. I said to her. " you already love your Aunty Linda huh?" Oh... she was so precious!! I had tears in my eyes.. happiness to FINALLY meet her!! We had a great weekend. I held the baby quite a bit. John did as well too. He rocked her to sleep Saturday night. That was really touching to see. It put a HUGE smile on my face to see John with a little child like that. It really showed his softer side. :) Saturday we had a BBQ. I made hambugers and hotdogs for all of us. We all played around on the trampoline. The kids loved it!! We got tons of pictures. Then a little later we went out for ice cream at Giffords. It was yummy. It was FREEZING out!! But yet we still ate icecream!! We all had a fantastic time and it was nice to see my sister and the kids. :)

OH........AND on another note...which I think is TOTALLY awesome!! John HAS A JOB!!!!! He started it today. He's off trucking!! YAY!!!!! That's TOTALLY from the Lord!!! It's for a company he used to work for years ago. John reapplied 2 months ago and the guy promised he'd call when he had a truck available and he DID!! last week!!!! John did his orientation yesterday, and he's off trucking today. He'll be home every day, but gone at night. I'll be alone at night. I'll have to get used to that again. It's been awhile. He's been around everyday for almost a year, so I have some ajusting to do. Today was my day off, and I was a bit lonely today.He left this morning, and wont be home until after 10 tonight. I'm used to having him here. :) Anyways...I'll ajust.. this is a good thing.. It a Lord thing, and I thank him for it!!!

here is a slideshow of my weekend :)

3 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wow!!! What wonderful blessing you received, and all at once...God Bless!!! Cathy

deanna said...

That is one gorgeous baby!! Glad it was a fun weekend and congrats on the job. My cousin's husband was a trucker (now retired) and he preferred driving all night - with less traffic! Of course, around DC that's a big plus.;-)

Shosannah said...

Really sweet pictures!
I'm glad you had a wonderful time:)
Blessings to you